PDA

View Full Version : Alternator wiring

auzzy-b
15-01-11, 02:12 PM
What does the blue & White wire go to on xe alternator? Think it wired to the wring place

si-gsi1
15-01-11, 03:49 PM
Give riggy a ring mate he know deffo

auzzy-b
19-01-11, 09:13 AM
Rite can't understand this.. I have fitted a new refurb alternator. Wired the small box that's secured onto the back of the alt to the positive connection along with the red cable from the stater motor, it is also earthed at the alt bracket but since i fitted it my lights have been going dim and now my battery is flat....? Uh?

tony-the-muss
19-01-11, 08:21 PM
make sure you have a battery light on when you turn on ignition if you dont get a red battery light then it will not charge , blue and white wire is battery light feed to alternator it needs to be connected up usually spade terminal (pushes on)

auzzy-b
19-01-11, 08:43 PM
Spade terminal! There is one on the alt marked with the letter D.. Would this be it? At the min it's on a stud that doesn't seem to connect to anything

Iain
19-01-11, 08:50 PM
As standard its a small ring terminal on the Nova loom?

Get a pic of the back of the alt and someone may be able to point out where it goes.

auzzy-b
20-01-11, 08:57 AM
Will do fella,

stewart_2004
20-01-11, 07:37 PM
Hey mate I had this problem today I had the live wire & blue & white one together then swoped it and put red one with black plug and then blue & white on seperate terminal now dash lights are working ok.

auzzy-b
20-01-11, 07:57 PM
cool thats how mine are! i think the belt is slipping and the alt bracket hasnt been fastened properly because the batterie totally went flat. Need to get hold of some bushes for the bracket and hopefully it will be sorted:)