PDA

View Full Version : play in front wheel

scotte
08-06-03, 05:23 PM
im having problems with my gsi at the moment if ui jack the car up there is play in the front wheel.none if u hol it top and bottom its when u hold it at the sides.i have just put on a new wheel bearing a new cv joint.and its recently had new bottom ball joint and track rod end what else could it be ??help please

brian
08-06-03, 07:15 PM
if everything else has been changed and is tight then it could be your rack.
its not a big thing to change.

Aragorn
08-06-03, 08:04 PM
why dont u look to see exactly whats moving

my track rod is buggered on me old car and if u remove the wheel and shoogle the brake disk u can see the track rod moving around

try that and look to see where the movement is

rgv_stu
09-06-03, 12:01 PM
i got the same problem scotte
its the rack in my case as ive got new track rod ends fitted and still play
it only on the drivers side though passenger is fine and tight

Cooch
09-06-03, 12:47 PM
I CANT REMEBER IF NOVAS HAVE A SUSPENSION TYE BAR(A BAR THAT COMES OF THE SHICK ABSORBER AND JOINS ONTO SOMETHING A LITTLE LOWER IF IT DOES CHANGE THAT ITS USUALLY WAT GOES WRONG IF IT AINT GOT 1 GO 4 A RACK AND IF THAT DONT DO IT TAKE IT TO A VAUX GARAGE AND ASK THEM WAT THE PROBLEM IS!

Ste_Nova
09-06-03, 01:40 PM
cooch are you female?

RobHardyUK
09-06-03, 01:53 PM
I CANT REMEBER IF NOVAS HAVE A SUSPENSION TYE BAR(A BAR THAT COMES OF THE SHICK ABSORBER AND JOINS ONTO SOMETHING A LITTLE LOWER IF IT DOES CHANGE THAT ITS USUALLY WAT GOES WRONG IF IT AINT GOT 1 GO 4 A RACK AND IF THAT DONT DO IT TAKE IT TO A VAUX GARAGE AND ASK THEM WAT THE PROBLEM IS!

a blonde girl?

Dicko
09-06-03, 02:03 PM
Interests: Cars

:roll: