PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding door rust?

Onslaught
08-06-03, 01:09 PM
Hey, 1st post woo :) Anyway, im buying a nova prolly tommorow and aside from a few little probs with ill be looking into next weekend, theres quite a hole on the drivers side door.

http://www.fife.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/Nova/Novahole.jpg

The holes in the lower left corner of the pannel and a few inches of the door has been worn away as a result. (Illustrations always a plus eh ;))

So my Q is what can be done about this? Will i have to find a new door for it or a new pannel? This is my first jaunt into cars so call me a virgin :p

Thanks everyone

Jim
08-06-03, 01:18 PM
I had a hole in my door in a similar positon when i got the car. After a few months it carried on rotting away and eventually left me with a 5x6 inch hole in the bottom corner of the door...solution...get a new door, it'll be a pain to fix up the rust and it'll keep coming back. Knock them down ?50-?100 depending on how much they want for it, then go to the scrappers, find yourself a door with no rust, or as little surface rust as possible, take your car to a bodyshop and ask them to colour match it as well as treating ti for any rust.

Jim

Onslaught
08-06-03, 01:47 PM
Sounds like a plan thanks m8, can i ask how much you rekon a spray job would cost roughly? best guess if in doubt please, ive gotta save up really just now, the holes not my main prob for the time being though, the brakes need a good seeing to and im planning on making it a lil project :)

Thanks again m8

Nova-Boy
08-06-03, 04:28 PM
You could get a new door from a scrappy for ?10-20. Or fiberglass and fill the door then respray. DIY job if you car has got bumper strips its easy to re-spray the bottom section.