PDA

View Full Version : Plumbing 2 Facet Fuel Pumps?

greg1.4
13-01-11, 07:09 PM
I have seen loads of rally cars running 2 Facet fuel pumps side by side, i want to do the same with my nova incase one packs in.

I have two Facet Redtop pumps, how does the piework go and if one pump is not on will it still pull fuel through it?

Any diagrams/pics?

Cheers

Greg

SR-Rally
14-01-11, 01:59 AM
You need 2 pick up pipes from the tank, one going to each pump. you then T the out pipes from each pump into one hose and into your carbs. I'm about to do it to my tank befor I refit it. Will put pics up if I remember to

bazil
14-01-11, 05:13 AM
Just a thought but some run 2 pumps due to external swirl pot setup, which requires 1 high volume pump and 1 high pressure pump.

C612DNM
15-01-11, 12:24 AM
Careful here. Depending on the type of pump, you might end up pumping back into the tank if you just T into it. When I've done it in the past, I've always run them in series - one pumps through the other. Where the pump has a non-return, then yes, T them. Where it doesn't, (like most vane pumps), you run them in series.

I run a mechanical pump on my V8, backed up with a vane type monster up the back. The electric pump allows me to ensure that the carb is full before I attempt to start it (two quick pumps on the gasolator - no choke).

To my knowledge, the Red Top does not have a non-return (one-way) valve, and thus you run the pumps in series - or you won't have any, or very little pressure at the carb.

Only their industrial "refrigeration" cylindrical pumps have one-way valves fitted according to the information that I have from FSE.

Use a FilterKing regulator with a red top as the 6-8PSi that it'll produce will lunch the gaskets in most weber carbs.