PDA

View Full Version : Courier anyone

hartley
13-01-11, 05:54 PM
wonder if anyone could help me a have bought a fearless rear show cage and am wanting it picked up from brighton and delivered to my house does anyone no what courier companys would do it thanks

Edd
13-01-11, 05:56 PM
http://www.parcel2go.com/?keyword=brand%20term%20adtext&gclid=CKKgxrngt6YCFcIj3wodLBjZHA

this should sort you out mate

MARTIN KELSON
13-01-11, 06:37 PM
Be careful,

Company i work for ship alot of stuff & you may find alot of couriers with something like that may cube the dimensions & then it becomes very expensive.

Also remember Fearless stuff is hollow & pretty easy to damage!

Make a weekend of it & go fetch, its along way but if it gets damaged your fooked!

hartley
13-01-11, 06:49 PM
he said he will rap it up well in bubble rap so i shouldnt get damaged but a dint nar wether to go get it or not

Edd
13-01-11, 06:56 PM
i would find out how much a courier is

then work out how much it cost to do the 600 mile round trip

then decide what to do with regards to picking it up

hartley
13-01-11, 06:58 PM
its gonna cost as £100 to pick it up and £40 to post it but as martin said it might get damaged

Edd
13-01-11, 07:00 PM
get the seller to wrap it in cardboard and bubble wrap, it should be fine

i wouldnt fancy a 600 mile trip to pick a cage up, but then you did come all the down to mine for those doors mate :d lol

MARTIN KELSON
13-01-11, 07:02 PM
Personally i would fetch whatever the costs.

Not as if, if it was to get damaged or lost you could replace easy.

Probably would be ok on a carrier, but upto you if you want to risk it.

Can you offer the seller a few quid to meet somewhere?

mowgli
13-01-11, 07:02 PM
what's its overall dimensions??? pallet couriers are very reasonably priced, but you will have to get the seller to find a pallet.....

try pallex, palletline etc.. then collect it from your local depot to save cash

Edd
13-01-11, 07:07 PM
Personally i would fetch whatever the costs.

Not as if, if it was to get damaged or lost you could replace easy.

Probably would be ok on a carrier, but upto you if you want to risk it.

Can you offer the seller a few quid to meet somewhere?

this is very true, as its very rare thinking about it picking it up would be a better idea

couldnt you give him some cash and meet him where the M1 joins the M25 ?

mowgli
13-01-11, 07:08 PM
national express or airport buses are very cheap.......... get a cheapy to gatwick, then the train to brighton, do it in comfort.

Edd
13-01-11, 07:13 PM
national express or airport buses are very cheap.......... get a cheapy to gatwick, then the train to brighton, do it in comfort.

WTF !!! want he going to do take a cage back on a train lol

Pistol Pete
13-01-11, 07:16 PM
he said he will rap it up well in bubble rap so i shouldnt get damaged but a dint nar wether to go get it or not

Bubble wrap will do sod all. TBH seeing as Fearless stuff comes up very rarely i would make the effort to collect it. Or give the seller some money and meet.

*switches into bitchy mode* but as its you its probably irrelevant, as you probably wont buy it anyway! *mode off* :p lol ;)

hartley
13-01-11, 07:18 PM
do yous think it will fit in to a volkswagon passatt just a normal car not an estate

Pistol Pete
13-01-11, 07:18 PM
Might. With the seats down???

Mieran
13-01-11, 07:20 PM
Going down south tomorrow, would have picked it up for you but won't fit in my car

MARTIN KELSON
13-01-11, 07:24 PM
Couldnt of found one further away if you tried :)

I bought some new genuine wings recently from Southern Ireland & due to not trusting couriers to wreck em i was going to travel to fetch!

Its a damn long way to Brighton though!!

Pistol Pete
13-01-11, 07:26 PM
lol 700 mile round trip!!!

hartley
13-01-11, 07:26 PM
a nar thats the only one av seen for sale and a want one so a think it might have to be done its actually 325 mile from mine to his house

MARTIN KELSON
13-01-11, 07:28 PM
do yous think it will fit in to a volkswagon passatt just a normal car not an estate

Could do with a hatchback really i would have thought.

Fits in the back of a Nova!!

I have had mine out a few times & its not actually that big but depends if you can it into correct position to get it into a saloon.

TWAG
13-01-11, 07:32 PM
paisleyfreight will be able to sort you out and there very reasonable.

Give them a call and have a chat.

hartley
13-01-11, 07:33 PM
what sort of car would u say martin as theres no chance of me getting me nova out in the wet lol

Edd
13-01-11, 07:33 PM
325 mile from mine to his house

thats the same distance you come to me for the doors, get it done lol

hartley
13-01-11, 07:45 PM
a no it is mate am just stuck on the type of car to use and what it will fit in to am going to collect it now

MARTIN KELSON
13-01-11, 08:02 PM
What are your vehicle choices?

I have a MK4 Golf daily & sure it would fit in something like that with seats down

hartley
13-01-11, 08:04 PM
a c2, corsa c, passatt, thats it

Pistol Pete
13-01-11, 08:26 PM
Passat seats dont fold down do they?

Or rent a van. Will be less on fuel!!

Paul
13-01-11, 11:16 PM
I have just been on a 600 mile trip to pick up my new cage.

I have it in one piece, nothings missing, no delays etc etc

L14MNP
13-01-11, 11:18 PM
How does this hartley knacker get away with constant text talk?

The regional sh!t is embarassing and fcuking stupid. Sort it out.

Stuart
13-01-11, 11:34 PM
a no it is mate am just stuck on the type of car to use and what it will fit in to am going to collect it now

first, last and only text typing warning.

hartley
13-01-11, 11:41 PM
What do yous mean by text typing

Stuart
14-01-11, 09:19 AM
a nar thats the only one av seen for sale and a want one so a think it might have to be done its actually 325 mile from mine to his house

There is some in there and other posts.... TRY USING ALL THE LETTERS FOR A WORD!!!!!!!!! even in the wrong order its better than looking like you are a 12year old girl

L14MNP
14-01-11, 03:45 PM
lol

Jeff16v
14-01-11, 07:00 PM
This is why I was going to buy the cage, 45 mins from me

mowgli
14-01-11, 07:03 PM
when i eBay, apart from checking the badly spelt ones, i always check where the item is... my missus doesn't & i had to drive 2 1/2hrs each way for a computer cupboard... there was one 10 miles away but it was a fiver more....... in her mind we got a bargain

hartley
14-01-11, 07:04 PM
i have been after a fearless cage for ages and its only 325mile away its worth the drive down now

Nick J
14-01-11, 07:06 PM
I had mine couriered to me from John some years back and it was fine. I sent him a massive roll of bubblewrap and he taped it up to death. It Was a nitemare to get into later though!! lol Also bear in mind Brian that to get it into a nova you must have front seats out as it will not go in via the boot. I could not fit it in my mk3 astra when I tried to take it to work and ended up borrowing a family members large 4X4 to get it there. As said previously though it may be better to hire a small diesel van for the weekend etc.

Nick.

Jeff16v
14-01-11, 07:06 PM
I would do the drive just to be safe mate:thumb:

hartley
14-01-11, 07:16 PM
am planning hiring a van nick somthing like a citroen balingo or a combo van they should be ok do yous think

mowgli
14-01-11, 07:46 PM
PALLET COURIER.....I can personally recommend panic transport... it will get there fine cos they physically load it onto curtainside wagons & not thru some conveyor belt global headquarters.......

its not the van hire, its the fuel cost & the roads down here that will drive you spare.... 6 hrs each way is just crazy..

John
14-01-11, 07:52 PM
I had mine couriered to me from John some years back and it was fine. I sent him a massive roll of bubblewrap and he taped it up to death. It Was a nitemare to get into later though!! lol Also bear in mind Brian that to get it into a nova you must have front seats out as it will not go in via the boot. I could not fit it in my mk3 astra when I tried to take it to work and ended up borrowing a family members large 4X4 to get it there. As said previously though it may be better to hire a small diesel van for the weekend etc.

Nick.

God that seems ages ago now! lol

Nick J
14-01-11, 08:59 PM
God that seems ages ago now! lol

Certainly does John! :)

Nick.