PDA

View Full Version : sportex systems

torquey
13-01-11, 05:14 PM
Wanting a new exhaust system thinking of going for a mild steel sportex system whats your thoughts on them? Also whats the easiest way of making the downpipe fit on to the system as iam using the 2ltr 8v one to a nova system?Is there another downpipe which could be used?:confused:

jeremy fisher
13-01-11, 07:06 PM
I just bought one of those I think, off ebay? It doesn't fit! The back box comes about 4 inches short of meeting the middle section and looks like its at completely the wrong angle. I presume they can't all be like this and I might just be unlucky but thought I'd mention it. The guy who sold it me (on-lineautosport) seems very keen to find out why it won't fit and has said he will refund if needs be so he's obviously genuine.

jeremy fisher
13-01-11, 07:08 PM
Sorry, don't want to highjack your thread but I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has experience with these exhausts.

fieldsygsi
14-01-11, 09:34 AM
i got one for my xe of madmotors or something. it fitted straight on to the mounts etc no problem but had to be welded to join the 4-2-1 alought it is shaped perfectly with plent oy clearance and gives of an incrediable not i love mine

torquey
14-01-11, 04:55 PM
ok cheers all was thinking about ashley systems as well!