PDA

View Full Version : Stopping "muck" from Entering the bay.

MK1_Ben
12-01-11, 11:48 PM
I'm wanting to mildly smooth (just tidy, not going for the Euro bay look), clean and re-spray everything in the bay.

It did have a re-spray last year, but the parts themselves were left pretty much as is, now because of the weather this winter everything is looking worse for wear again.

Any suggestions on how to stop as much muck entering the bay (I do live in rural countryside, need to travel on muddy roads to get to my house as is). Has anyone DIY'ed arch liners, Engine bay under-trays and the likes? :)

If it's of any use it is a 1.2 8V, so nice and small and can look pretty nice when tidied up.

nova_saloon
13-01-11, 12:28 AM
nope unless you want to cut off air flow to the engine and cause major overheating, but sump guard will help a little and making your own inner arches, cant see that help to much honestly, just a wash everynow and then like the rest of the car will do it good and keep it clean!

LEWI007
15-01-11, 12:43 AM
Theres a big hole in the passenger side wheelarch i thought about patching up, that might be responsible for some of it.

dan23
16-01-11, 07:40 PM
fit an under tray from a mk3 golf
do you have the plastic panel around the radiator it came standard on novas but most are missing now
other than that i cant think of anything else

Royston
16-01-11, 08:00 PM
I have always thought nova engine bays were dirty, i.e. in normal use the dirt gets in:mad:

If you use it regularly I don't think you can really stop it, could possibly fit some "gaiters" where the steering rack goes through left/right, but moisture will always get through the front around the headlamps, messing up the inner arches.

The only way to keep it clean is to a) clean it and b) don't get it filthy I suspectlol

General Baxter
16-01-11, 08:30 PM
fit the cover that fits around the rad, i remember when ad removed his lol

nova_saloon
16-01-11, 11:42 PM
fit the cover that fits around the rad, i remember when ad removed his lol

i removed mine once, i put it back after going hmmm not good