PDA

View Full Version : pocketing z18xe pistons

nova_stee
11-01-11, 09:46 PM
Hi can any one give me the info on pocketing z18xe pistons to take bigger cams.
pics sizes angels and postions would be fantastic:)

mowgli
11-01-11, 10:04 PM
i think you may have to take some valves out of the head & put some dowel thru the guides to measure them. have you done a dummy build & put some little coils of solder or play-doh on the piston crowns to check for clearances?

peester
12-01-11, 06:18 AM
speak or see threads of lee303 or warren.g on migweb

nova_stee
12-01-11, 10:35 AM
i think you may have to take some valves out of the head & put some dowel thru the guides to measure them. have you done a dummy build & put some little coils of solder or play-doh on the piston crowns to check for clearances?
no pal havent done that yet it a last effort that i hoped some one had the measurements

mowgli
12-01-11, 10:36 AM
it will all depend on the camshafts... maybe the cam manufacturer will have some advice.

nova_stee
12-01-11, 10:36 AM
speak or see threads of lee303 or warren.g on migweb
Al have to join pal warren had pictures in his thred but they wernt postioned right and it bent valves

peester
12-01-11, 05:13 PM
Al have to join pal warren had pictures in his thred but they wernt postioned right and it bent valves

Yeah, originally this is true - but its been rebuilt correctly now; with the pistons cut/pocketed and mapped successfully to over 190bhp and good amounts of torque.. The lee303 lad had rebuilt that engine for him.