PDA

View Full Version : Advice/help needed asap!

Danb1987
11-01-11, 05:31 PM
Right the 2.0 8v I'm ment to be pickin up this weekend...

I went for a test drive sat and everything sempt fine... He told me it wasn't holding charge thow??

Just had this txt saying of the guy saying

Hi there iv had a problem with the nova no earth to the coil and it broke down I havnt had a chance to look at it properly think the ecu has been spiked looking at the state of the wiring new ecu is about 30 quid from eBay I don't mind sending the deposite back to you I think I can fix it but I havnt got time at the moment...

What should I do? Will this be any easy fix as il need it for a daily untill the let comes out of the corsa!

Shall I just offer him less money?

Please advise
Dan

AlexW
11-01-11, 05:33 PM
Its your choice. Loom/ECU will be easy enough to change (providing you know what your doing).

The not charging may will be the same fault, if not it will need a new battery or alternator.

Danb1987
11-01-11, 05:38 PM
So Itl be a new loom and ecu needed?

Danb1987
11-01-11, 05:50 PM
If I can't find one on eBay il attempt to fix this one! I'm still gonna have it but I was planning the 96mile one way trip back home!

I think il just go down to get it then ring my rac cover up ;) :thumb:

mowgli
11-01-11, 05:56 PM
go & tow it.. it sounds like he's messing with you.

Danb1987
11-01-11, 06:59 PM
Plans have changed now! more little things kept creeping out of the woodwork when i was on the phone to him.. so im now not getting it! he wanted £400 in the end.

But i WON a nova on ebay so il post a project thread up now :D