PDA

View Full Version : Advice on spraying

thisgroove
11-01-11, 12:25 PM
Hi I am having my 'vauxhall black' c reg nova resprayed,as my dad has sorted me out a cheap respray as the arches need repairing and i had a prang the osf wing. BHe has asked if i want the same colour or a new black.

Just wondered if people think it is best to ask for the exact same colour black for the whole car or get a metalic black now? It stated out a standard 1.2 L no cassete just radio no cig lighter etc. I have since fitted Red SR interior and gte spoiler and i have the side skirts yet to go on and gte front and rear bumper.

What do you think look better on side skirts and bumpers for it to be colour coded or stripped back to the grey plastic colour?

Jonesyboy
11-01-11, 01:21 PM
If you are getting the whole car done properly then you might aswell have the metallic. I personally would have the bumpers colour coded and the skirts, but have the plastic triangle shaped bit at the rear arch of the skirts stripped back to plastic. I'm getting my bumpers Colour coded soon i think it makes a nova look much more fresh as opposed to fading grey plastic bumpers

tommy8252
11-01-11, 01:51 PM
Id say go metallic black colour code the bumpers and strip the sideskirts back to plastic. But that's just me.

thisgroove
11-01-11, 02:29 PM
cheers for replys yeah its a full respray and the new arches welded in. I dont know if i should have the original GM wing repaired when they do it or give them the two spare patern front wings instead but i ve heard they dont fit as well.

novasrikev
11-01-11, 04:22 PM
cheers for replys yeah its a full respray and the new arches welded in. I dont know if i should have the original GM wing repaired when they do it or give them the two spare patern front wings instead but i ve heard they dont fit as well.

not too bad if you want them perfect then you will have to fiddle with them abit