PDA

View Full Version : head coreplug help c20xe

total_vauxhall
10-01-11, 08:48 PM
right my nova has now been garaged for about 5 years without a problem . so just before xmas i needed to get the car out of the garage to have a sort out . i noticed it needed a bit of water in the collant bottle ( didnt need alot though) so i topped it up with just water as i knew there was already anti freeze in from the year before pulled it out of the garage for the 1st time in 5 years had a clean up then reversed it back in . well i went to it today expecting to finish off the last couple of bits ( new coilovers fit ect ) and noticed when i jacked the car up there was water spewing out of the head - were one of the coreplugs should be along with the core plug layed on the floor . its the 1st one along from the dizzy side on the back of the head that has poped out . and its a c20xe will i be able to replace it without stripping inlet ect off ? or is it a case of intet off ps how easy is it to take the inlet off while the motor is in the car (nova):thumb: cheers dan

Pistol Pete
10-01-11, 08:51 PM
So, a core plug has popped out of the block?

See here: http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=146282

total_vauxhall
10-01-11, 08:57 PM
no mate the head the block ones are easy to get to i did them on my old corsa but the ones in the head look a bit more akward

nova_saloon
10-01-11, 09:00 PM
well least you dont have to remove it whilst its in the car, its near on impossible. just clean up the hole and pop the new one in with a suitable sized socket or something, if you did it underneath the car im sure you wouldnt have to remove the inlet, just the water pipe along the back, but check first otherwise yes you can take the inlet off, just its a bitch as the screws new you to have arms that bend between your wrist and your elbow

Pistol Pete
10-01-11, 09:01 PM
Ah, got you. The one on the end of the head?

total_vauxhall
10-01-11, 09:10 PM
well least you dont have to remove it whilst its in the car, its near on impossible. just clean up the hole and pop the new one in with a suitable sized socket or something, if you did it underneath the car im sure you wouldnt have to remove the inlet, just the water pipe along the back, but check first otherwise yes you can take the inlet off, just its a bitch as the screws new you to have arms that bend between your wrist and your elbow
lmao yea i know all about having to have bendy arms working on xe novas lol
cheers mate i thought i might be able to get it from underneath just wasnt sure many people will have done them on here so i thought its worth asking before i spend 10 hours doing it the long way..

ps no pete its a coscast head it has them running along the back of it next to each port

Pistol Pete
10-01-11, 09:12 PM
http://www.roperdevelopments.co.uk/vauxhall_xe_coscast.png

lol get you!!

Hmm, inlet off maybe. Will be tight to get it seated right otherwise.

total_vauxhall
10-01-11, 09:22 PM
there the ones lol anyone know what size they are going to get some tomorrow

Pistol Pete
10-01-11, 09:23 PM
No idea.

EDIT: http://qedmotorsport.co.uk/qed-shop/view-all-products-in-shop?keyword1=38mm%20core%20plug

total_vauxhall
10-01-11, 09:27 PM
cheers im going to.. drive vaux garage 2mora so hopefully will get a couple

nova_saloon
10-01-11, 09:31 PM
good luck with it mate, should be a laugh! take pics document so we may all learn the ways of the bendy arm

total_vauxhall
10-01-11, 09:34 PM
good luck with it mate, should be a laugh! take pics document so we may all learn the ways of the bendy arm
aww mate i was as sick as you like when i noticed it .