PDA

View Full Version : how long does it take for a v5 to be proccessed

daleNOVAbrennan
10-01-11, 04:23 PM
hi, bought an audi a4, on the 22nd of december tax ran out on 31st of december,and im in need of the logbook to come through as the green slip was filled in and used to tax the car by the last owner, i sent the log book off as he never filled it in and just gave it to me, sent the 23rd of december, it usually takes 2 to 6 weeks for the new one to arrive, called up today and asked if it was been proccessed and they said its not. i was just woundering how much more time the christmas and newyear period would delay it, as anybody else been in the same situation. allmy other v5s came within a week or 2. is the only way to tax it at the minute too go to the local dvla?, as the post office will not accept the slip, the person on the phone was usless.
cheers dale

Edd
10-01-11, 04:30 PM
bout 4- 6 weeks

mine better turn up by the end of the month or il be car less :( as i need to tax mine, doubt they worked for a few weeks through Christmas and new year so id expect it to be a little longer, i sent mine on the 18th of December

mowgli
10-01-11, 04:32 PM
i have found that ringing up a government dept & chasing them up is a sure fire guaranteed way of making it happen slower....

daleNOVAbrennan
10-01-11, 04:33 PM
bout 4- 6 weeks

mine better turn up by the end of the month or il be car less :( as i need to tax mine, doubt they worked for a few weeks through Christmas and new year so id expect it to be a little longer, i sent mine on the 18th of December
i feel much better, knowing im not the only one lol. i sort of was expecting them not to have worked for a few weeks also.

Edd
10-01-11, 04:36 PM
i have found that ringing up a government dept & chasing them up is a sure fire guaranteed way of making it happen slower....

very true

was tempted to ring them but i knew this would just delay things lol

Stuart
10-01-11, 08:31 PM
I purchased a car on the 12th of Dec and still not had the V5 back, tbh its no surprise and can cope.

You ca just tax the car on the new keeper slip

daleNOVAbrennan
10-01-11, 08:38 PM
I purchased a car on the 12th of Dec and still not had the V5 back, tbh its no surprise and can cope.

You ca just tax the car on the new keeper slip
cant unless i go to dvla, as its been filled in by the last owner and used to tax it, he didnt send off the log book in his name.

Pistol Pete
10-01-11, 08:46 PM
So you bought a car with no V5?? Just the green slip in someone elses name??

daleNOVAbrennan
10-01-11, 08:51 PM
So you bought a car with no V5?? Just the green slip in someone elses name??
no he did not fill in the v5 it was just given to him, and he passed it on to me. if you get me:thumb:

Benn
10-01-11, 09:02 PM
I had one done in 3days once, i've all so had it take 6months...

Pistol Pete
10-01-11, 09:05 PM
no he did not fill in the v5 it was just given to him, and he passed it on to me. if you get me:thumb:

Not really??

I would have got him to tax it if it was days before it ran out. And they had no slip to give you....

hendrix
10-01-11, 09:10 PM
sent off 4 log books 14th Dec, had all 4 back by 5th Jan

daleNOVAbrennan
10-01-11, 11:41 PM
Not really??

I would have got him to tax it if it was days before it ran out. And they had no slip to give you....
he had the log book in the last registerd owners name not him, he used the green slip to tax the car so that is in his name, so i cannot tax the car at the post office.he did not put the car in his name

Rich
10-01-11, 11:42 PM
i bought my astra in july, still not had the logbook through, was sent the day after i bought it apparently lol

Stuart
11-01-11, 10:07 AM
he had the log book in the last registerd owners name not him, he used the green slip to tax the car so that is in his name, so i cannot tax the car at the post office.he did not put the car in his name

Then you are a muppet for buying the car like that then.... If it was from a trader like that then take the mofo to court

Dave.
11-01-11, 11:36 AM
Then you are a muppet for buying the car like that then.... If it was from a trader like that then take the mofo to court

I bought my Nova with no log book, no history or anything lol and everything was fine

Tom Mackay's corsa hasnt got a log book Dale, the previous owner said it hadnt come through yet, seems to be that their just really slow at the moment, it'll come through eventually

mowgli
11-01-11, 12:32 PM
xxxxxx dave xxxxxx, you were about 8 at the time, and probably couldn't even spell v5.....

John
11-01-11, 12:45 PM
sent off 4 log books 14th Dec, had all 4 back by 5th Jan

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2008/11/18/article-0-006ECCE900000258-486_468x441.jpg

mowgli
11-01-11, 12:58 PM
lol

Rich
11-01-11, 01:16 PM
can you not just tax it in his name? might not be your car but you havr borrowed it from a mate? as long as you can show mot and insurance i dont see a problem?

MK999
11-01-11, 01:16 PM
Had to google that one, bit before my time, and im still not sure I get it lol I think I get the gist of it

amggsi
11-01-11, 02:02 PM
I bought a jeep just before Christmas, took the V5 into the local office on 31st December and got the new one in my name last Friday, so should be a fairly quick turnaround.

(V5CNI is printed in the same place as the V5C on the mainland.)

daleNOVAbrennan
11-01-11, 05:11 PM
how am i a muppet, the log book as been sent off in my name as i filled it in and i sent it off, everything about the car checked out and is fine, just the fella didnt send it off in his name, if anybody is a muppet its the owner who sold it the las fella for not making sure the log book was sent off

John
11-01-11, 10:49 PM
Had to google that one, bit before my time, and im still not sure I get it lol I think I get the gist of it

Arthur Daly, used car dealer extraordinaire! Was in reference to hendrix with many log books lol