PDA

View Full Version : which car to take to pvs?

BIGS
09-01-11, 12:24 PM
Right most of you know my cars so i dont need to add pics. Im stuck at the moment to which car to spend my money and effort on to fix and take to pvs this year.

1. The Y reg saloon with the engine from B 17OVA
2. The GTE
3. The v6 astra

Dom
09-01-11, 12:28 PM
Lol I have the exact same dilema matey
MK1 sr astra
Nova xe Track mobile if its done in time
Or my euro/scene/stickerbomed corsa
Decsions lol

On your one tho id take the one which is closet and needs the least spending on it to get it done and looking mint in time :)

John
09-01-11, 12:32 PM
easy

BIGS
09-01-11, 12:32 PM
Lol I have the exact same dilema matey
MK1 sr astra
Nova xe Track mobile if its done in time
Or my euro/scene/stickerbomed corsa
Decsions lol

On your one tho id take the one which is closet and needs the least spending on it to get it done and looking mint in time :)

tbh they all need about the same amount of money on them. On yours id say mk1 astra sr as they are rare as fook. but whats the spec on the nova? got a thread?

Dom
09-01-11, 12:39 PM
yeah but the mk1 is quite wel known now and done all the shows last year including being on the TV stand at most of them :d
Nah I havent started a wip thread yet I keep meaning to its just finding the time to sort out all the pics etc lol
It will prob end up being the Astra but might see if a mate fancys driving the Nova for me.

What car did u take last year?

Mike
09-01-11, 12:41 PM
The one with the bestest wheels...

So I can nick them whilst you sleep :)

mk1nova_rich
09-01-11, 12:47 PM
Take the GTE, and Dom I'd take the XE'd Pea :thumb:

BIGS
09-01-11, 12:47 PM
yeah but the mk1 is quite wel known now and done all the shows last year including being on the TV stand at most of them :d
Nah I havent started a wip thread yet I keep meaning to its just finding the time to sort out all the pics etc lol
It will prob end up being the Astra but might see if a mate fancys driving the Nova for me.

What car did u take last year?

Well in that cass take something new and take the astra next year. or take both?

None of them. they all broke down so took the misses mk2 golf gti lol

SRimon
09-01-11, 12:49 PM
Gte

Will F
09-01-11, 12:49 PM
I am not a fan of these threads at all - just a thinly veiled attempt to show off the amount of cars you have/c0ck wave! :eek:

If you cant decide which to take then you have issues - plus its only Jan - so one/all would have corroded that little bit more over the next few months, so that should help with the decision making! lol

I have more than one Nova too - but dont feel the need to ask for 'advice' as to which car to take - I am able to make such decisions:d

Rant over!;)

BIGS
09-01-11, 12:50 PM
The one with the bestest wheels...

So I can nick them whilst you sleep :)

Well the gte has the standard gte wheels so you wouldnt want them, the saloon has the old style flat spoke mo's and the astra has vectra supertouring wheels so you wouldnt want them due to being 5 stud.

So is that the saloon for your vote then :p

BIGS
09-01-11, 12:54 PM
I am not a fan of these threads at all - just a thinly veiled attempt to show off the amount of cars you have/c0ck wave! :eek:

If you cant decide which to take then you have issues - plus its only Jan - so one/all would have corroded that little bit more over the next few months, so that should help with the decision making! lol

I have more than one Nova too - but dont feel the need to ask for 'advice' as to which car to take - I am able to make such decisions:d

Rant over!;)

I hate post like this as you seem to be a person to judge quite easy. if i was doing it to cock wave wouldnt i have said about the other nova's and car's ive got! No i said about the ones i havent a clue on what to fix and see what people would like to see at the show. And if i was cock waving dont you think i would have updated my track project thread to "cock wave" but no you go and have alook at when i last posted onit!

Dom
09-01-11, 12:56 PM
I hate post like this as you seem to be a person to judge quite easy. if i was doing it to cock wave wouldnt i have said about the other nova's and car's ive got! No i said about the ones i havent a clue on what to fix and see what people would like to see at the show. And if i was cock waving dont you think i would have updated my track project thread to "cock wave" but no you go and have alook at when i last posted onit!

+1:thumb:

BIGS
09-01-11, 01:01 PM
Gte

Fancy helping then :p

Ill make the burgers :d

Will F
09-01-11, 01:03 PM

Ok - found that a bit hard to read tbh - but my gripe is that these posts dont/wont inform your actual decision will it? You wont think 'OK so PNG voyed that I bring my GTE - so I will' will you?

Or will you? If it will - then fair enough, but I have no idea what your cars are or the spec etc, except I remember a 300bhp XE being built - is that right? If so - I vote for whatever car thats in!

Also the statement you make about everyone know etc is also massively presumptuios - again I am old and grump, so feel free to ignore this - just another gripe with the thread.

:thumb:

BIGS
09-01-11, 01:10 PM
Ok - found that a bit hard to read tbh - but my gripe is that these posts dont/wont inform your actual decision will it? You wont think 'OK so PNG voyed that I bring my GTE - so I will' will you?

Or will you? If it will - then fair enough, but I have no idea what your cars are or the spec etc, except I remember a 300bhp XE being built - is that right? If so - I vote for whatever car thats in!

Also the statement you make about everyone know etc is also massively presumptuios - again I am old and grump, so feel free to ignore this - just another gripe with the thread.

:thumb:

Ok fair enough, i can see why you posted what you did. but i WILL fix the car what gets the most votes if there are more then like 2 votes of the winner.

You must be able to see where im coming from tho. Every year people say the show was this the show was that and they wish they seen this car there or more of this car there. so seeing as ive got a option of some why not find out what to bring.

And year im doing the 2.2 xe but like we have said on the thread before that i want 300bhp yea but what it will come out to at the end we will only know when its finshed. Thats not a option tho as im going to finish that untill when me and the misses have the wedding in august

Hope thats abit better for your eyes Sir

Southie
09-01-11, 01:12 PM
Take the GTE in my IMO as you never seem to show it off bearing in mind it's your best car, any recent pictures of it?

If everyone voted Burgo what car would "you" take Bigs lol

Brodie_Sri
09-01-11, 01:21 PM
I would take the GTE bigs its a stunning car:thumb:

Edd
09-01-11, 01:22 PM
GTE for me

300bhp XE !!!???? Your either asleep and dreaming or have won the lottery :d

Mazz
09-01-11, 01:28 PM
Pics/links as i don't know the cars...

Mieran
09-01-11, 01:32 PM
Pics/links as i don't know the cars...

+1

MK999
09-01-11, 01:40 PM
Well the gte has the standard gte wheels so you wouldnt want them, the saloon has the old style flat spoke mo's and the astra has vectra supertouring wheels so you wouldnt want them due to being 5 stud.

So is that the saloon for your vote then :p

If it will go on ebay Mike will have it. lol

GTE for me

300bhp XE !!!???? Your either asleep and dreaming or have won the lottery :d

He's just cheating, 2.1 stroker, clelands old exhaust and the rest is your usual throw money at it until it works lol

BIGS
09-01-11, 01:45 PM
The GTE thread
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=110821

The saloon
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=145932

The astra
http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=130473

Should update them really

BIGS
09-01-11, 01:47 PM
If it will go on ebay Mike will have it. lol

He's just cheating, 2.1 stroker, clelands old exhaust and the rest is your usual throw money at it until it works lol

Sort of right, im using the 2.2 16v block which will be 2.275

MK999
09-01-11, 01:49 PM
Sort of right, im using the 2.2 16v block which will be 2.275

So you're cheating more than I thought, and it's not exactly an "xe" as most people refer to it is it lol In fact isn't the code for that Y22SE? :p

BIGS
09-01-11, 01:52 PM
So you're cheating more than I thought, and it's not exactly an "xe" as most people refer to it is it lol In fact isn't the code for that Y22SE? :p

Nope because its not a y22se as they are chain driven :p Mine has a cambelt to match to the c20xe head. So i will be left with a c22xe ;)

MK999
09-01-11, 01:53 PM
Nope because its not a y22se as they are chain driven :p Mine has a cambelt to match to the c20xe head. So i will be left with a c22xe ;)

Still, cheat lol

BIGS
09-01-11, 01:56 PM
Still, cheat lol

Nope called doing something from the norm and sticking with it :thumb:

Will F
09-01-11, 02:00 PM
Ok fair enough, i can see why you posted what you did. but i WILL fix the car what gets the most votes if there are more then like 2 votes of the winner.

You must be able to see where im coming from tho. Every year people say the show was this the show was that and they wish they seen this car there or more of this car there. so seeing as ive got a option of some why not find out what to bring.

And year im doing the 2.2 xe but like we have said on the thread before that i want 300bhp yea but what it will come out to at the end we will only know when its finshed. Thats not a option tho as im going to finish that untill when me and the misses have the wedding in august

Hope thats abit better for your eyes Sir

No need for Sir! lol

Of course - I am not knocking you - just these threads in general I suppose!

Just bring whats likely to be the most unusual/rare - ie if it has Gsi kit and speedlines, leave it at home! lol

Danb1987
09-01-11, 02:07 PM
My vote goes on the gte! Top looking motor there minty freshh.

Not to keen on the astra but iv never been a fan of them....

I also like the saloon I'm after one at some point this year...

There all nice cars thow fella +1

MK999
09-01-11, 02:14 PM
No need for Sir! lol

Of course - I am not knocking you - just these threads in general I suppose!

Just bring whats likely to be the most unusual/rare - ie if it has Gsi kit and speedlines, leave it at home! lol

Golf again then lol

Mazz
09-01-11, 02:19 PM
Gte

alan1028moore
09-01-11, 02:24 PM
Take the GTE, Nice motor, cud do with the boot vinyl back on. :thumb:

BIGS
09-01-11, 02:48 PM
Take the GTE, Nice motor, cud do with the boot vinyl back on. :thumb:

Got another boot with the vinal on :thumb:

BIGS
09-01-11, 02:49 PM
My vote goes on the gte! Top looking motor there minty freshh.

Not to keen on the astra but iv never been a fan of them....

I also like the saloon I'm after one at some point this year...

There all nice cars thow fella +1

Good man saloon's are the future :thumb:

BIGS
09-01-11, 02:52 PM
Golf again then lol

lol see if we can beat last years time down the srtip. plus even thats had a abit done to it. got it back to standard. got the system changed and got standard bumpers and arches to go on. and we bought a spoiler but not 100% to fit it or not :confused:

Jack
09-01-11, 04:06 PM
None. PVS is crap

Mazz
09-01-11, 04:11 PM
true...

burgo
09-01-11, 04:15 PM
im sorry but the burgo option would be to take them all, or at least both novas

blue_peg_16v
09-01-11, 04:16 PM
if i go i will be in a nova d

nova_stee
09-01-11, 04:18 PM
i vote gte

saloonwoody
09-01-11, 04:35 PM
the loon :)

Benn
09-01-11, 06:48 PM
Having looked at the pics, i'll say the GTE.

Curtoise
09-01-11, 06:59 PM
gte'zzle all the way

Derick-Sport
09-01-11, 07:25 PM
stop showing off and choose yourself

if i was choosing id say the gte :)