PDA

View Full Version : Vauxhall Nova GTE for Sale

GroupB
08-01-11, 12:35 PM
Hi everyone,
Haven't been on the site for a while, so much to do so little time to do it in!! lol
Anywhay after much deliberation I have decided to sell my NOVA GTE.

As you can see from the thread below it is a standard car in good condition and structural strong, the engine and gearbox have been removed ready for tidying up the engine bay etc.
The engine and gearbox are standard 1.6 GTE. Both run well with no problems.
The car has been off the road for about 4 1/2 years.
I bought this car as it was a standard car (Not many about theses Days)
Only selling it now as I just haven,t got the physical time to finish it.

If you follow the following thread you can find out more of the car:

http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=155015&highlight=GroupB

The car is on an "F" plate and will need towing away, the engine and gearbox are complete but out of the car.
There are some spare interior seats etc. I haven't touched the interior which is scuffy as you can see from the photo's.
The tyres are like new.
If you need to know more please do not hesitate to contact by email.
The car will be advertised elsewhere.
I live in Derby and I am looking for £600 or more.
Thanks for looking
Trevor

http://i864.photobucket.com/albums/ab201/nothills/NovaGTE10910.jpg

RSTChris
08-01-11, 05:12 PM
Tempted

GroupB
08-01-11, 07:53 PM
Go on you know you want to!!!!

GroupB
08-01-11, 08:48 PM
Forgot to say could deliver for the price of the fuel if not to far away.........

RSTChris
09-01-11, 10:22 AM
have you got a contact number?

cheers, chris 07818 254801

Would like to view/collect today

GroupB
09-01-11, 10:48 AM
Hi Chris,
My contact number is 07912 056773
cheers Trevor

GroupB
09-01-11, 04:12 PM
bump!!

RSTChris
09-01-11, 04:17 PM
Viewed car this afternoon, i feel the description is miss leading, the full rear end of the car is rotten. Just done a 120 mile round trip, before i set off i asked on phone is the shell solid, he replied yes. Dissapointed is not the word!!

Please update description, dont want anyone else wasting time and fuel viewing

Edd
09-01-11, 04:31 PM
Looks quite clean from the pics, arch wise, chassis legs and boot floor I take it?

GroupB
09-01-11, 04:47 PM
I think Chris just expected to give the car a spray job and put it on the road,
As my thread etc have said it still needs to be restored.
If i had known he wanted it to be virtually finished I would have told him when he called.
Sorry Chris I think poor communication on both our parts I never wanted to mislead anyone :thumb:
You forgot to mention that you thought the front end was solid along with the doors etc.
Ok you might need to carry out some welding and I wouldn't have expected anything less as it was purchased as
a restoration project, just sorry it wasn't what you were looking for :)

Will F
09-01-11, 05:02 PM
I think Chris just expected to give the car a spray job and put it on the road,
As my thread etc have said it still needs to be restored.
If i had known he wanted it to be virtually finished I would have told him when he called.
Sorry Chris I think poor communication on both our parts I never wanted to mislead anyone :thumb:

No - but if there are areas that need attention - its common practice to reflect in the ad surely?

Edd
09-01-11, 05:05 PM
Just a idea, put some pics up of the boot floor and chassis legs then people can see for themselves :thumb:

GroupB
09-01-11, 05:07 PM
To be perfectly honest I hadn't really looked at the back end as I was concentrating on the engine, engine bay etc, I had noticed a couple of patches in the boot corners and i thought the arches would need attention and that was as far as i had got last year when the poor weather closed in.
All of this was mentioned in my thread, thats why I had quoted the link :thumb:
Sorry I'm not perfect lol

GroupB
09-01-11, 05:12 PM
The boot floor is relatively solid with a couple of patches in the corners ie where the lights are and where they normally go.
The chassis legs seem fairly solid I can see one small hole above the exhaust. I'm certainly not going to be poking around with a screw driver.....

Edd
09-01-11, 05:13 PM
Not having a pop at you chap at all

But if you put some pics of the boot floor and chassis legs, which are common areas of rust, people will know a little more what the deal is

John
09-01-11, 05:13 PM
Post some pics chap :)

Edd
09-01-11, 05:19 PM
Tbh if it does need a bit of work on the rear end, looking at the pics of the rest of it and Chris confirming that the front end and doors are solid £600 is a good price IMO

GroupB
09-01-11, 06:11 PM
Tbh if it does need a bit of work on the rear end, looking at the pics of the rest of it and Chris confirming that the front end and doors are solid £600 is a good price IMO

Your right Edd, I'm not asking the earth for it I could perhaps break it and get more, but I would prefer someone buys it complete and finishes the restoration to keep another standard GTE on the road.....:thumb:

Zeus
09-01-11, 07:02 PM
Just gutted I have no space due to my golf being broke at the mo. Good luck with the sale....price is reasonable I think.

RSTChris
09-01-11, 07:49 PM
Price is reasonable is car was as it was described, i wouldnt have set off with the truck and cash in the pocket if it wasnt...

Straight away i saw the bubbled rear arches, which was the only rust mentioned when i asked before setting off. rear of sills rotten, inner and outer arches need replacement, inside boot lid rubber rotten, behind back bumper rotten and both rear chassis rails/boot floor also rotten

Front end is good, doors OK, front panel solid and inner wings good, shame the hardest to repair is the opposite

GroupB
09-01-11, 10:40 PM
Any Inspection Welcome.........
Remember its a restoration project as my project thread states, don't expect to just be able give it a quick respray and thats it Cos that wouldn't be a restoration project now would it? lol