PDA

View Full Version : my xe wont start

fieldsygsi
07-01-11, 01:07 AM
Problem all started of when one day driving along I went to put the boot down at it give a little chuggand didn't accelerate. Then the power just came all at once. It kept getting worse to recently sometimes when I change gear there will be no power at al and it will go as if its going to die, eml comes on. If I put the clutch in and give it a little rev it would work fine and the light will go out. Went out to start it yesterday morning and it won't start been trying it all night and got it started. Badly miss firing. It stalled and now nothing again.

Thanks in advance

nova_saloon
07-01-11, 01:17 AM
flash the codes out see what its got to say, if nothing comes up there is something mechanical its not picking up, could be dropped valve, air leak, dodgey spark, just flash codes and go from there, soon as the ECU ight comes on, flash the *******

fieldsygsi
07-01-11, 01:29 AM
What dose that mean ? Do you mean run a diagnostic on it ?

nova_saloon
07-01-11, 01:43 AM
yeh well there is a little orange light that should come up on your dash before you turn the start the engine like the oil warning light, that goes off once the car runs. (that if you have the ecu light wired up), but there are sometimes two brown with yellow stripe wires in the loom going to one of the 3 plugs that dont connect to anything, if you touch one of thoose two wires to the ground (baremetal on the body shell somewhere) it should start flashing, Then go on topbuzz.com or .co.uk then look up how to read and diagnose the code it flashes! (btw it will always says crankshaft sensor as the engine isnt running)