PDA

View Full Version : my xe wont start

fieldsygsi
07-01-11, 01:08 AM
Problem all started of when one day driving along I went to put the boot down at it give a little chuggand didn't accelerate. Then the power just came all at once. It kept getting worse to recently sometimes when I change gear there will be no power at al and it will go as if its going to die, eml comes on. If I put the clutch in and give it a little rev it would work fine and the light will go out. Went out to start it yesterday morning and it won't start been trying it all night and got it started. Badly miss firing. It stalled and now nothing again.

Thanks in advance

Paul
07-01-11, 04:24 AM
Flash the codes off.

auzzy-b
07-01-11, 11:05 AM
Check your ht leads and coil! And flash your ecu as Paul says

fieldsygsi
07-01-11, 01:12 PM
All ht leads an distributor are working. Is there a guide to flashing the codes anywhere ?

davidfox280585
07-01-11, 01:19 PM
sounds like crank sensor breaking own,is it sparking?

Bubba
07-01-11, 06:05 PM
All ht leads an distributor are working. Is there a guide to flashing the codes anywhere ?

http://www.topbuzz.co.uk/info/fault_codes/fault_codes.htm

all on there

fieldsygsi
07-01-11, 11:13 PM
Getting a spark but maybe 3 seconds between each tried different cranksensor, no joy tried the rotar arm not much movement so distributer is still connect to the camshaft. Tried the thing before the dis (mounted on the chasis leg don't know its name lol) put a plug lead and plug straight into it and got no power. Any ideas ?

Damo
07-01-11, 11:15 PM
Getting a spark but maybe 3 seconds between each tried different cranksensor, no joy tried the rotar arm not much movement so distributer is still connect to the camshaft. Tried the thing before the dis (mounted on the chasis leg don't know its name lol) put a plug lead and plug straight into it and got no power. Any ideas ?

The coil? have you tryed a fuel relay? is the pump working correctly?

Nova Baz
07-01-11, 11:28 PM
have tryed disconnecting the AFM and see if it will start.

had this pob on my mates cav and we changed that and that sorted it out on his.

davidfox280585
07-01-11, 11:32 PM
try holding the fuel relayin your hand,should click once when you turn ignition on,then click again when it cranks,have you pressed the valve on the fuel rail to see if you have fuel?
start with the basics mate first

fieldsygsi
08-01-11, 01:58 AM
I have fuel. And relay working fine. I got it to start last night by disconnecting the afm but I've tried doing that again amd still nothing.

davidfox280585
08-01-11, 04:31 AM
id try coil next if you have a spare,get codes flashed

fieldsygsi
08-01-11, 08:35 PM
cant find the aldl connection to flash the codes. have tried another workig air flow and coil still no spark

fieldsygsi
08-01-11, 09:59 PM
right ive changed afm, cranksensor, dizzy, coil, plugs, leads, still no joy. cant find that connection still anyone any other ideas?? would the collant tempertaure sensor do it ??

thanks in advance

fieldsygsi
09-01-11, 12:32 AM
Earthed the brown and yellow wire to flash it. But from the last time it was started the battery had been left of it overnight so the codes have cleared so now I have no codes to go on all I get is cranksenor but that's because the engine won't run.

Gareth_C
09-01-11, 12:36 AM
What about the cam sensor surely if that hitty missy then the it would act up

davidfox280585
09-01-11, 01:07 AM
if the relay is clicking when you crank the key then the crank sensor is fine as its sensing engine rotation and the ecu is telling the fuel system to prime, is the pipe from the throttle body to fuel pressure reg fine ie, no holes or splits

bmxalex
09-01-11, 09:55 AM
mine did this but mines carbs and it was the condenser

letvalva
09-01-11, 10:10 AM
my corsa xe did thisby sounds of it,swapped almost every sensor over and ecu kept flashing different fault codes eventhough thesensors were allfine and not putting errorsup on the other xe, i unclipped the ecu and a lot of the pins were slightly green with corrosion off a bit of moisture, i cleanded ecu side up with bit of 1200 wet and dry paper and sprayed loom side with wd40 and plugged and unplugged ecu a dozen times, wiped all the dirt it had got out away,pluggedit in andit fired up as smooth as ever

fieldsygsi
09-01-11, 02:12 PM
Tried a new fuel relay. And im getting good pressure at the fuel rail

joff-turbo-nova
09-01-11, 03:17 PM
Try making sure the earths are all good for the loom , especially the ones next to the fuel rail and injectors.

Bad earths can leave to all sorts of unrelated problems.

Joff

fieldsygsi
10-01-11, 02:27 AM
Pulled out the ecu. Water flew out of it couldn't believe how much came out. Dried it off with a heater for a couple of hours while I worked away wd40 around the pins and she fired up. Thanks for all the help and advice lads. One last thing is there any way to stop the water coming in or will I just make something lol at the moment I'm just unpluging it so it won't get wet and she won't get stolen lol

joff-turbo-nova
10-01-11, 07:55 AM
Sounds like water is getting round the gromet on the bulkhead (if it has one at all).

You need to seal the loom where it passes through the bulkhead - normally just behind the battery. Silcone seal or tiger seal should sort it out.

Otherwise hold the ECU up on some cableties behind the dash and make sure the loom has a U shape in it - the water will drip off the loom before getting to the ECU.

Better off finding the leak in the first place though :thumb:

Joff

letvalva
10-01-11, 04:11 PM
mine wasnt quite that bad but like jof said seal the gromet etc and it should be fine