PDA

View Full Version : Advice 20seh to let?

Danb1987
06-01-11, 07:49 PM
Right as you might know I'm gettin my 2.0 8v nova hopefully next weekend!

However if my corsa c c20let doesn't sell on eBay I might end up donating the engine into the nova :thumb:

Will it basically be a straight swap bar the f28 mount and needing to cut the chassis leg??

Not saying this is what I'm going to do it's just an option.

Spudly
06-01-11, 07:59 PM
To a degree yes, all the mounts and shafts should be the same although id check the ones in use on the 8v first, would the alt clearance mod not already be done with an 8v though, im not overly au faix with 8v's so not sure, but if i were you id 8v the corsa and let the nova, then still sell the 2.0 corsa to fund extras for the nova:thumb:

Danb1987
06-01-11, 08:07 PM
I'm going to have a closer look when I get it home about the alt mod and stuff.... It will be my first attempt at trying to exchange an engine thow so there will be a massive thread on helping me ;) lmao

I didn't think ov 8 valving the corsa but that seems like a plan! Thanks spud

Benn
06-01-11, 08:13 PM
If the alt don't catch now then its been done as the let one will be in the same place.

Everything else is the same, same shafts and mounts.(as its the same block)

Danb1987
06-01-11, 08:18 PM
So basically it's a straight swap bar the wiring then?

Thanks for the info lads now iv just got to wait to see if the corsa sells :)

The Simps
06-01-11, 08:24 PM
Should be a straight swap yeah. You may need to bend/chop the clutch cable outlet on the bulkhead cos it probably wouldnt of been done on the 8v conversion. Check the mounts too. My nova was an 8v seh originally and the rear mount was never spaced and the engine mount was standard too!

Benn
06-01-11, 08:30 PM
Being that the blocks are the same the mounts should be the same Si...

Wiring is the same, Its the same 5wires you join in.

The Simps
06-01-11, 08:36 PM
I know mate but not when mine was done. Its was converted to seh years before the kits existed etc. When we fitted the XE on the same mounts it was too high and the bonnet wouldnt close. Just saying, best to check.

Also, if fitting the F28 there's the usual considerations - http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=98463

Benn
06-01-11, 08:39 PM
Ah maybe the there modded for the seh..

Danb1987
06-01-11, 08:44 PM
Before the let was in the corsa it was originally in a nova.

I paid mark at mcd Vaux to do the conversion,
So in theory everything should be setup to go straight back in the nova.

The corsa is even running the nova rad and stuff so it should swap straight back.