PDA

View Full Version : fuel gauge

waynes sri
06-01-11, 07:14 PM
when i parked the nova up a few months ago always fine but chucked a new batt on at weekend and fuel gauge as gone mad!! it goes up as normal but dosent stop goes past fuel and if you turn it off goes back down as normal???? but my other half new corsa wouldnt work the last few times she filled up and someone said will be with cold when it warms up will be fine and it is...is this whats up with mine or what??

waynes sri
06-01-11, 09:40 PM
any1??

Gibbo
07-01-11, 08:20 PM
it maybe your clocks mate i have some that did the same i have some gsi ones to try make sure its not your sender

phazer
07-01-11, 10:26 PM
Sounds like one of the connectors on the sender has either come off (only blade connectors IIRC) or the wire has broken.

waynes sri
07-01-11, 11:09 PM
Sounds like one of the connectors on the sender has either come off (only blade connectors IIRC) or the wire has broken. i may try them gibbo them would see if its the clocks...how come it would break was fine when parked up and as now done this....how hard is it to get to phazer as on my old 1.2 was under back seat... would tank after come off??

Damo
07-01-11, 11:20 PM
i may try them gibbo them would see if its the clocks...how come it would break was fine when parked up and as now done this....how hard is it to get to phazer as on my old 1.2 was under back seat... would tank after come off??

Nar mate the wires run through a grommit under back seat but the guage is a mare to do as its at the bottom of the tank so needs to be drained mines does exactily same as yours and ive never got to the bottom of it??????

24sevenslacker
08-01-11, 01:00 AM
my gauge seems to work from empty to a quarter full, after that it reads empty, then after the third quarter full to full it works again.... strange

waynes sri
08-01-11, 11:09 AM
Nar mate the wires run through a grommit under back seat but the guage is a mare to do as its at the bottom of the tank so needs to be drained mines does exactily same as yours and ive never got to the bottom of it?????? so if its at the bottem of tank it would after come off to get to it then?..i couldnt do with a tricky fuel gauge lol

novasrikev
08-01-11, 11:18 AM
my sri is the same i changed the clocks and it is fine now

waynes sri
08-01-11, 03:11 PM
my sri is the same i changed the clocks and it is fine now what is was going way past full kev?? well ive just been giving it a run round side roads and it went to were it should be then when a turned it off it went past full again so makes me think would it sort its self out when back runing again??

phazer
08-01-11, 06:34 PM
You can see the sender if you look under the back bumper, not quite at the bottom of the tank but if you know what the tank looks like you'll see it lol Does need to be drained of fuel to change though as above.

Changing that would be bottom of my list though. Given all the bother you had with the fuel pump and wiring I'd give that a go first. Then check the clocks and the wiring behind them.

waynes sri
09-01-11, 12:03 PM
You can see the sender if you look under the back bumper, not quite at the bottom of the tank but if you know what the tank looks like you'll see it lol Does need to be drained of fuel to change though as above.

Changing that would be bottom of my list though. Given all the bother you had with the fuel pump and wiring I'd give that a go first. Then check the clocks and the wiring behind them. ye thats one thing am not wanting to change at all lol.i may try bangin some fuel in as it might kick start it lol..yea defo going to check wires 1st as a dont want to change clocks was a good buy lol