PDA

View Full Version : help with paypal

jonn
06-01-11, 02:18 PM
i set up a paypal accont today and want to use my bank account instead of my credit card, if i add my bank account now can i use it straight away? does papal charge me any money? any help wold be great

mowgli
06-01-11, 02:28 PM
you can run from your bank account pretty quickly, but you have to play with a verification procedure.

Jack
06-01-11, 02:43 PM
Also bear in mind that payments funded from a bank account take longer to come out of the account than via a debit/credit card (the latter being instant, the former taking about 3 days to even show up in available funds); they appear as "Direct Debit - Paypal" too which is pretty unhelpful, compared to debit payments which show up as "Paypal - <seller name>"

If you have a debit card associated with the account, I'd recommend using that instead of direct funds from the account.

jonn
06-01-11, 05:36 PM
ok thanks for the help

TeddyThom
07-01-11, 12:13 AM
Basically go through all the motions of adding a card etc, but don't do the last step, which is the verification, justt don't do that everythign is all good, that's how I run my paypal, saves me fees left right and centre as paypal charge you a fee for running it that IIRC

Hoochie
07-01-11, 08:19 AM
I thought that without verification you can't use a card with paypal :confused:

I'm confuzzled!!

Spudly
07-01-11, 12:19 PM
As above, when i first set mine up it was allowing me to send payments through it but they were being sent as e-cheque's and take up to ten working days to clear:eek:

I rang them and asked why this was, as i had setup my card with it, but they told me i had to do the verification procedure otherwise it couldnt take instant funds (although theyre not instant, as Jack said it takes two to three days to clear from your account)

Jack
07-01-11, 12:45 PM
You can add a card and use it without verifying it, up to a certain limit (then verify to extend the limits) as I'm pretty sure I forgot to verify my last Nationwide card for ages. I can check that later actually as I've got a new card to add to my account.

Bank accounts need verification otherwise it reverts to the e-cheque thing, which they quote as 10 days to clear - in other words, they take the cash, sit on it for 10 days, then pass it on lol Once an account is verified, transactions from there come out as direct debits and take around 3 working days to show up.