PDA

View Full Version : Really big favour?

AdamK
05-01-11, 04:26 PM
I bought my nova in september last year so i had enough time to get it ready for my birthday which is the 16th of this month.

Everything i wanted to be done to the car has been done and its now rubbed down and preped for a respray.Problem is i cant afford to get it done proffesionaly as i havent left school for long and dont want to get into a job because of joining the army when im 17.

My grandad is an experienced car painter which helps with the tight budget as he will be doing the actual painting its just finding somewhere to get the job done and after being let down by a few people who said they was going to help out im not out of options:(

Is there anyone localish to me who has a unit or a workshop that i would be able to use to get the car finished and obviously il sort you out some some money for letting us use it and you'd really be helping me out, feel abit cheeky asking really but im out of options and dont know what to do:confused:

Im located in West Drayton near to heathrow airport.

Cheers.

AdamK
05-01-11, 10:10 PM
Anyone?:/

Rich
05-01-11, 10:17 PM
Can you get a large gazeebo type thing? Garden space to do it?

Though it is a bit cold to be painting in

AdamK
05-01-11, 10:22 PM
Already thought about that mate theres no room to get the car round into my back garden and next door have a baby so dont really want to paint it out the front due to the fumes and the weather like you said isnt on my side atm but cheers for the reply anyway

bmw156
05-01-11, 10:54 PM
why not roller it matt black at the mo until the summer and then you have heat and hopefully money on your side?

AdamK
06-01-11, 11:26 AM
That would be a waste of time and money as i dont want it matt and it would probibly turn out **** so dont think thats an option lol

davidfox280585
06-01-11, 12:10 PM
well i painted mine in the garden check out my thread, previous reply seems ok, i would temp do it then redo it in the better weather, ive painted some brilliant stuff outside

dj_wudgey
06-01-11, 12:12 PM
my mate painted his golf outside and made a right balls up all the sh*t stuck to it lol

Connor
06-01-11, 12:23 PM
Paint it outside and then re-do when you can afford a professional job or redo it in better weathers.
I had my first nova painted outside in the middle of winter as it was my first car and i knew it never was going to be a show car, and got a pretty good finish imo
This was just after i put it back together and thats straight outta the gun
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v1980/208/3/637964925/n637964925_1614170_6515425.jpg

dj_wudgey
06-01-11, 12:26 PM
thats not two bad that connor would like to see it up close though see the quality off finish!!

davidfox280585
06-01-11, 12:57 PM
what i would personally do is fine even outside where you can paint it, get a gazebo or wait for a real cloud free day and make sure its at least a few degrees, get the car ready to paint, heat the paint tins up either put the paint sat on a radiator get some rocket its kind of a accelerator you mix in increases the hardening time and use very fast activator and paint the thing, even if it blooms if you have plenty of paint on you can flat and polish till your hearts content

AdamK
06-01-11, 02:17 PM
Like i said before painting it outside isnt an option theres no way of getting the car in my back garden and i cant do it out the front just looking for a unit or a workshop