PDA

View Full Version : Where's a good site to value wheels?

L14MNP
04-01-11, 03:49 PM
I will try wheelwhores, but the impression I have is that they are more into BBS and the like. Rarerims is another I just thought of. Are these worth registering on or am I wasting my time?

These are the wheels in question.

http://i1207.photobucket.com/albums/bb473/p11forsale2010/DSC00352.jpg

18" Raceline RL7, 4/114.3 PCD. unsure on ET and J. x4 brand new 225/40/18 Falken Gr/3 FK451.

Professionaly refurbished prior to paint, so no curbing etc. Current paint finish has storage/fitting scratches but it's a crap finish anyway so I wasn't bothered.

I was going to repaint them in gloss white or black for wider appeal (not the crap Astom Martin colour they were done in by mistake!) but haven't got the space for a decent job.

As can be seen I have the centre caps, which is unheard of lol. I bought these new, also have new OEM stickers ready to go on the spokes.

This particular PCD is very popular, but is mostly old skool Jap stuff, so small splits etc. I'm unsure what to sell them for. I haven't advertised them yet but one guy is interested.

Any ideas? :roll: lol

MK999
04-01-11, 03:54 PM
On ebay, starting bid at something you wouldn't mind them going at if worst comes to worst but low enough to attract attention, if they're well advertised they will find their audience, can put the link up on a few owners sites if they allow it and they might add some views?

Assuming you want rid for a decent price obviously, and aren't waiting for absolute top dollar?

L14MNP
04-01-11, 03:56 PM
I hate eBay now. I will use it if I have to though.

Top dollar.. that's the thing. mate. I have never seen another set of RL7's in this PCD so have no idea what they are worth. I guess given the new tyres (are they decent enough?) I was thinking around £400. Dunno though. I really have no idea.

I wonder what 18" 4x108 versions go for. I haven't looked for RL7's for a while but they usually only seem to come up in 15" for 4x100 / 108.

MK999
04-01-11, 04:03 PM
Just chuck em on there for £400 then. Assuming it's cash on collection you obviously can't condone agreeing with the seller to withdraw the sale via ebay and losing no money through paypal, if that's your issue with using it. The idiots and time wasters will be around wherever you put them up for sale imo

L14MNP
04-01-11, 04:05 PM
I want to do some research first so I don't sell myself short. There may be a possibility lol. They really are one of a kind, and although not to everyones taste, IMO they look awesome on the right car.

On my big eBay deals I always seem to mutually agree to cancel the transaction with the seller. Funny that. lol As you say though cash is king!

Shame the S13 boys with the deepest pockets go 5 stud. Not that I can blame them! lol

MK999
04-01-11, 04:11 PM
If they really are that well desired they will find their audience imo, there's a huge number of watchers on my old welder with all the bits etc as I mentioned to you (I think? ;p) checked it just now and it's near 50 with 3 days left yet, John H's sport is the 2nd most watched car on there according to some ad style thing I got while paying for an item, he didn't even advertise the fact it was for sale on here afaik.

Get them on there, long auction is probably more ideal, and paste the link around a few owners sites, mates pointing them out to mates, threads popping up etc will happen if they are as desired as you say, if not you've got the £400 minimum that you're happy with. For something you're unsure of the value of an auction is the best way imo, and ebay is your best way of getting that to the most people.

L33 LEG
04-01-11, 04:17 PM
Maybe worth finding out which cars they fit and put them on car parts on PH and also in the wheels section.

They are very decent wheels though and you dont see many around now, it's just waiting for the right person to see them.

L14MNP
04-01-11, 04:21 PM
I said they are rare and the only set I have ever known in that PCD. Not necessarily uber desired. lol I hear what you are saying though. Might be worth a punt. Shame I can't repaint them as then there is zero to pick at and haggle over. lol

Good idea Lee, unfortunately the list of cars with 4/114.3 PCD isn't very interesting. Some cool 70's/80's J tin but mostly it's crap little shopping trolleys like at a guess, the Hyundai Amica. I have a list somwhere. lol

Oh and the Volvo S40, as it's a Mitsubishi in a dodgy coat. lol

Cheers btw. :thumb: