PDA

View Full Version : Haynes manual - worth it?

Craig SR
06-06-03, 11:10 AM
As you may have guessed i dont have a clue when it comes to working on cars etc, or understanding whats wrong with them. Was wondering if it''d be worth me forking out for a haynes or just leave it to those in the know...

I dont wanna work on the car myself just understand it more so that garages wont see me coming and rip me off :roll: :cry:

Alex
06-06-03, 11:24 AM
Get the bible (haynes manual) and you WILL start to learn about novas. You should try and do some of the more simpler tasks yourself as well, saving you a little money.

Ste_Nova
06-06-03, 12:08 PM
get one 2nd hand from ebay

blue one is more tech
green one is newer

nov4
06-06-03, 03:21 PM
well worth the money! you will learn your car inside out pretty much if you get one and read it

chris

Nova-Boy
08-06-03, 03:13 AM
Yeah get one. Will save asking loads of questions on here in the future.

rgv_stu
08-06-03, 09:11 AM
there a bit crap if you ask me
tells you the longest way of doing everything
only thing any good is torque settings and wiring diagrams
i have had novas for the last 8 years and i have learnt more by taking things apart without the manual than with
my 2p
stu

RobHardyUK
08-06-03, 09:30 AM
i think they r good!!! they must be, mine got nicked when my car got broken into! Along with the locking wheel nut :? perhaps they wanted my wheels but didnt know how to take em off or summin, you knos. Anyways, i think its good, cos if you break down, you could have a quick butchers through the manual to see what the problem is. Also yeah, DIY probs at home its useful! I used it when my cv gaitor went.