PDA

View Full Version : Budget FK coilovers what do you think?

Jonesyboy
04-01-11, 09:28 AM
I want to lower and stiffen up my suspension but I don't wanna spend loads of money and came across these:

FK AK STREET Coilovers

I know for that price they're not gonna be brilliant but still gotta be a lot better than the standard suspension.

Cheers

Andy
04-01-11, 09:34 AM
I had a set,utter garbage.My xe felt better on standard dampers with -40 springs.
Save some more and buy decent suspension

Stuart
04-01-11, 09:37 AM
I know for that price they're not gonna be brilliant but still gotta be a lot better than the standard suspension.

Cheers

Dont be so sure ;)

Jonesyboy
04-01-11, 09:38 AM
thanks, thats all i needed to put me off! so lowering springs on standard dampers 40mm drop and its fine?

MattBrown
04-01-11, 09:39 AM
Dont be so sure ;)

+1

Utter rubbish.

So bad, I wouldnt put them on a shell to push to the scrap man!

Theyre cheap, nasty and poo.

Stay WELL away:thumb:

Andy
04-01-11, 09:40 AM
they also scrub without modifying or running spacers with 15's

BRoadGhost
04-01-11, 09:48 AM
I suppose if you're not paying £500 a leg you really do only get what you pay for.

dj_wudgey
04-01-11, 12:28 PM
ive been told a few times the highsport kits arent two bad but wouldnt get any less!!

Edd
04-01-11, 12:29 PM
all FK coilovers are cheap and nasty imo

blue_peg_16v
04-01-11, 12:32 PM
im gonna sound like a stook record again, but coilovers are utter overkill on a road car, if your building a track day weapon then fine but not cheap crap like fk gaz make excelent stuff but at a price to match the quality, i personaly would go for a set of decent dampers and springs, i run konis on the loon and there more than upto the job cheap suspension isnt worth the hassle

dj_wudgey
04-01-11, 12:34 PM
id rather have a set off gaz coilovers than anything!! but id be fine with coilovers on a road car though lol

Leeboo
04-01-11, 05:11 PM
They are good handling as far as corners go but they bottom out easily if you hit bumps too hard. Got airtime the other day and mashed a few bits underneath the car upon landing. Private road etc.

All depends on what you want from them! Perfectly fine if you just want your car low and won't be driving hard. Otherwise, get something better.

Derick-Sport
04-01-11, 06:45 PM
get them for 120pound with a 2 year warranty, not so bad for daily driving imo i have a set for the corsa

awesomegti.co.uk stock them mike from there is spot on

dj_wudgey
05-01-11, 01:43 AM
well id consider a high sport kit untill i can afford more!! been told there a few times there not so bad but i wouldnt use any less than the highsport though!!