PDA

View Full Version : buying a c20 let calibra?

recoveryman
02-01-11, 12:36 PM
hi there, wondered if anyone on here could give me some info as im looking at buying a calibra se2 with a c20let engine conversion running an f20 gearbox with the intention of putting the engine into my mk1 nova, the problem is i went to see the car last night and it runs sweet enough with no tappet noise etc but when i took the car for a run it drove ok but didnt feel very fast at all, the guy told me that because of the recent snow we have had he has turned the boost right down by adjusting the actuator with the two 10mm nuts as the car was just spinning the wheels in every gear, so it was basically running without the turbo?? not that clued up on lets or turbo engines in general, the guy has told me he has adjusted it back up and its boosting fine now so i will be going back out tonite any help on this or info on what to look out for would be greatly appreciated, also the small vacuum pipe has broken off the end of the dump valve so thats not working either but has a spare would the car still run ok with this pipe not connected?? as said any help or info on this would be appreciated or any other things to look out for when buying a c20let, car is supposed to have an xe inlet cam phase 2 chips and a fse fuel pressure regulator approx 270bhp so im taking it this should be pretty fast?? thanks in advance guys.:thumb:

Andy
02-01-11, 12:44 PM
with no boost it would have run like a bag of shi7.
Sounds very dodgy imo

Damo
03-01-11, 04:47 PM
Agreed ^^^^ it would run very rough with no boost id be very wairy mate.