PDA

View Full Version : Lowering limit on standard dampers

Jonesyboy
01-01-11, 11:27 AM
Does anyone know how far i could lower my nova on lowering springs without bottoming out the standard dampers? I know this isn't the best way to do it but coilover kits are so expensive and i've heard the cheap ones are really bad.

shorty249
01-01-11, 11:31 AM
id say no more than 30mm in my opinion. iv put 40mm lowering springs on my sri for now and its bouncy as hell. others may disagree!!

Bubba
01-01-11, 11:33 AM
i had 60mm on mine, dampers are now shagged. so i would advise some dampers too.

Jonesyboy
01-01-11, 11:36 AM
What i want is it to look lower and to not roll so much in the corners but i don't wanna break the bank doing it. So do you think it's worth lowering 30mm will it handle better?

mk1nova_rich
01-01-11, 11:49 AM
you don't need coilovers to achieve good handling, a matched spring and damper set from the likes of Spax will be adequate for road use. If you can't afford dampers then keep saving until you can, springs on their own is asking for trouble

Dayle_
01-01-11, 11:50 AM
Possible but you will find normaly lowering springs on standard shocks just throw all the geometry out the window that Vauxhall spend many a £ getting right.

Look on Ebay or on here to see if someone has something proper some good bargains come up.