PDA

View Full Version : Nova Pearl Breaking

Graeme
30-12-10, 09:11 PM
Anyone know of a Nova Pearl for breaking anywhere? For those that don't know they are mostly F reg four door saloon in metallic grey, what I am after is the green tinted rear window, (from what I believe these were the only saloon with a green tinted rear screen), I do have one already but its unfortunately etched with the previous cars reg on it, it might sound stupid but its attention to detail and I do have a full unetched set of glass apart from this?

If anyone can help I'll return the favour when the opportunity arises

Thanks Graeme

MattBrown
30-12-10, 10:17 PM
Take it the saloon rear window is totally differant?

I have 2 rear Green tint screens from hatches:(

Graeme
30-12-10, 10:20 PM
It is mate, no difference between 2 and 4 door, think I'll just have to live with a PNG silhouette sticker on the left hand side lol

Spudly
30-12-10, 10:25 PM
Depending on how the glass is etched Graeme, you might be able to use one of these....

http://www.homedepot.ca/wcsstore/HomeDepotCanada/images/catalog/11-515A_rgb_4.jpg

To remove the etching as a mate of mine removed the reg of his fiesta turbo when he sold some glass, dunno why but he did it:thumb:

Graeme
30-12-10, 10:35 PM
Its that horrible late 80's service they used to offer on supermarket car parks, I remember my grandad having his rover 216 vitesse done when I was about ten, I have seen people grind it out with a flap disc but it looks worse than before you started

John
30-12-10, 10:51 PM
I'm sure i've seen something on the net about grinding then polishing out. Will have a look see if i wasn't dreaming lol

Graeme
30-12-10, 11:00 PM
I been searching it and sound an old Ford site and an Alfa site that say you can only have it over etched with a rectangle, see what you can find and I'll give your wanted ad a bumper in return

John
30-12-10, 11:01 PM
I been searching it and sound an old Ford site and an Alfa site that say you can only have it over etched with a rectangle, see what you can find and I'll give your wanted ad a bumper in return

rofl lol

nova-taken
31-12-10, 08:06 PM
i de-etched my rear windows with wet and dry sandpaper, 1200 grit i believe, came out very well with a bit of polishing, took a while mind

Graeme
31-12-10, 08:09 PM
Literally just flatted it out then polished it back up? What polish did you used, anything special?

solly
31-12-10, 10:33 PM
Literally just flatted it out then polished it back up? What polish did you used, anything special?

try jewelers rouge only a few pounds to polish it.it will remove scratchs from glass and cheers for the centre cap spot on

Graeme
31-12-10, 10:45 PM
No problem mate, nice to meet you can't wait to see you car and thanks

Graeme
01-01-11, 12:07 AM
Just ordered some Jewellers Rouge of ebay, Lets hope it works

Edd
01-01-11, 12:45 PM
Let us know how you get on, I need to remove some as well