PDA

View Full Version : Satellite TV

rubachuk
30-12-10, 06:20 PM
My local B&Q Surplus has satellite systems for £30 SD or £50 HD, both of which sound really good, but what will I get to see? If it's just the same stuff as on Sky then I won't bother. But if I could get the 3pm Saturday football etc then excellent, although I'm not interested if I have to outlay beyond just the satellite gear, £60 a month for Sky is already too much :(

Anybody know about these things?

TeddyThom
30-12-10, 06:21 PM
I think you'll find that's the FreeSat... Basically freeview with some added extras, but not sure what ones...

alan1028moore
30-12-10, 06:30 PM
My local B&Q Surplus has satellite systems for £30 SD or £50 HD, both of which sound really good, but what will I get to see? If it's just the same stuff as on Sky then I won't bother. But if I could get the 3pm Saturday football etc then excellent, although I'm not interested if I have to outlay beyond just the satellite gear, £60 a month for Sky is already too much :(

Anybody know about these things?

:thumb:

General Baxter
30-12-10, 06:32 PM
If you are looking live sports try this web site link. I watch most live premiership footie for nothing, i even sat up and watched the recent Ashes tour.

6. Post promotional information about any illegal activities (including bulk piracy of VCDs & DVDs). We will not permit people to use the forums to distribute files which are pirated or aid in the production of pirated material.

L14MNP
30-12-10, 06:36 PM
myp2p is the one. or freesatsports (iirc).

alan1028moore
30-12-10, 06:38 PM
6. Post promotional information about any illegal activities (including bulk piracy of VCDs & DVDs). We will not permit people to use the forums to distribute files which are pirated or aid in the production of pirated material.

Many apologies...Have now removed

General Baxter
30-12-10, 06:38 PM
just get cable, i pay bloody £27 month for the top packages lol

Stuart
30-12-10, 07:04 PM
I think you'll find that's the FreeSat... Basically freeview with some added extras, but not sure what ones...

otherway round....

Freesat LOSES channels that you'd want on freeview (eg on freesat you dont have dave)

General Baxter
30-12-10, 07:08 PM
and why it rains you loose signal lol

Stuart
30-12-10, 07:09 PM
only lost signal 3 times in ohhh 15 years of sky tv lol

I dont like NTL but their £50 one off fee for HD rather than the large ongoing charge sky put on is good VFM

rubachuk
30-12-10, 07:18 PM
In hindsight I guess what I'm asking is a touch borderline.

I guess the answer is that there isn't really any benefit and I might as well carry on going watching it down the pub when it's not on Sky.

sport
30-12-10, 07:41 PM
Ive been meaning to put a similar thread up since ntl got wise and upgraded there decode lol

TeddyThom
30-12-10, 08:53 PM
otherway round....

Freesat LOSES channels that you'd want on freeview (eg on freesat you dont have dave)

Ah my bad lol

Guess I'll be keeping my freeview then lol

Jack
31-12-10, 12:04 PM
otherway round....

Yeah, its fcuking annoying, my parents have it. I keep changing it back to freeview lol

MattBrown
31-12-10, 12:29 PM
Ive been meaning to put a similar thread up since ntl got wise and upgraded there decode lol

LMAO

My recoded boxes dont work anymore:mad:

Like sky, can be coded, but its a huge missionlol

burgo
01-01-11, 11:27 PM
we have freesat, mainly because it was cheaper to get that installed than a new aerial and freeview to all the tvs. thing is its the same as with any package you have, there is still never anything on anyway but this way we watch nothing for free lol

Mike
01-01-11, 11:31 PM
I just settled for a digital aerial upgrade on the house an freeview ready TV, picks up 73 channels on Freeview for your normal yearly TV License fee.

General Baxter
02-01-11, 12:08 AM
dont matter mike you still need a licence to use your laptop/pc lol

Bubba
02-01-11, 12:51 AM
dont matter mike you still need a licence to use your laptop/pc lol

and mobiles i believe...

loggyboy
02-01-11, 12:53 AM
I have sky, and as my Pany TV had freesatHD built in i wired an extra cable from my sky dish to get it. Its very good quality even on SD channels (better than terrestrial Freeview and SKY) and the 3-4 HD channels is a great bonus with no fees to pay. Would defo recommend freesat, but wouldnt pay for it, ie only got it as it only cost me 5m of satelite cable and i also wouldnt want ANOTHER settop box and ANOTHER remote, so if you havent got it built in, probly not worth it if you have sky/freeview already. Unless you really want a couple of BBC and ITV HD channels.

burgo
02-01-11, 06:41 PM
dont matter mike you still need a licence to use your laptop/pc loland with ps3's. they took my name and address when i bought mine as i bought the digital tv thingy for mine