PDA

View Full Version : Nova saloon/ 3dr hatch petrol tanks the same...

sneakycorsa
29-12-10, 08:24 PM
Does any body know if a nova saloon petrol tank is the same shape & fitting as a 3dr hatch petrol tank,

(i.e) would a gte tank with swirl pot fit my saloon as it is a carb tank with no swirl pot,

Graeme
29-12-10, 08:25 PM
Depends on how many doors your saloon has

John
29-12-10, 08:27 PM
it will physically fit, but the filler on a hatch is at the side, whereas the filler on the 5 door saloon is at the rear. Edit as per graemes post. if it's 3 door it'll fit.

sneakycorsa
29-12-10, 08:38 PM
Its a 4 door, If i cut the filler off the hatch tank and weld/plate over the hole, Then re fitted the filler at the rear of tank then would this allow me to use a gte (swirl pot tank) on the saloon,

Going for engine conversion you see but dont want fuel splutter on hard bends ?

Graeme
29-12-10, 08:48 PM
I've never heard of anyone doing it but the outlet and sender are in the centre rear on the injection tank and John can vouch that second hand four door injection tanks are like hens teeth unless your willing to buy new

John
29-12-10, 09:04 PM
I've never heard of anyone doing it but the outlet and sender are in the centre rear on the injection tank and John can vouch that second hand four door injection tanks are like hens teeth unless your willing to buy new

lol i will be chopping up my gte tank to fit also. cannot be faffed anymore looking for an spi one.

sneakycorsa
29-12-10, 09:04 PM
Lmao, To be honest parts of a nova are like rocking horse sh!te round here,
I see you GRAEME are building a let saloon so what ways are you going about the tank or was yours injection to start with ?

John
29-12-10, 09:05 PM
iirc graeme is using the spi tank?

Graeme
29-12-10, 09:10 PM
Mines a two door pal so I don't have the more door problems, I have both tanks (internal and external) but the Bosch pump I plan on running is supposed to be mounted externally despite this not being my preferance

blue_peg_16v
29-12-10, 09:13 PM
Mines a two door pal so I don't have the more door problems, I have both tanks (internal and external) but the Bosch pump I plan on running is supposed to be mounted externally despite this not being my preferance

my walbro is mounted external on an mpi tank

sneakycorsa
29-12-10, 10:25 PM
So if i go down the external pump route is there a limit to how far from the tank you can mount them, (i.e) if its further away from tank would it run dry abit before the fuel gets to it,

I've always used internal pumps so not to up on them ?

Graeme
29-12-10, 10:35 PM
Iirc should be near the tank somewhere no high pressure pump will like being mounted in the engine bay etc

sneakycorsa
29-12-10, 10:48 PM
I know a few people who mount the pump in the bay so they only have to put high pressure hose from pump to fuel rail which is not a lot of hose, Saves them running it from pump and all along the chassie, not my cup of tea tbh think i'll try and go down internal route if i can....

phazer
30-12-10, 09:38 AM
The pump on the Nova is designed to push fuel to the engine bay. It'll not last long pulling the fuel. You can get pumps designed for this if that's what you want to do though.