PDA

View Full Version : Cat C VX220 N/A X plate

Stuart
28-12-10, 06:25 PM
I have no good piccies at the moment due to a combo of not being at home and the weather covering the car.

We have here a lovely Dec 2000 registered X plate N/A, this means its the old skool tax system.
Silver/Red (Brand spanking new red roof)
86Kmiles, serviced myself with OEM filters and Millers 10/60 CFS oil. Unfortunately no documentation for it all.
It was written off in November this year and hasn't been repaired or VIC checked (thats only £40 and a mild formality). I drove the car for a month after the incident so its totally fine to drive, it was only a cat C due to the fact list price for everything way exceeded the assessors value of the car.
MOT till early Feb.
No Tax

Engine is 100% standard.
timing chain kit + tensioner done at 38Kmiles
Tuthill MK1 gear cables
on its original rad :) and I have sat in traffic bouncing off the 107deg fan limit hundreds of times :lol:

Inside I have swapped the red/black leather seats for black cloth seats with nylon filled runners. The seats are infinitely more comfortable then the leather items and the nylon filled runners mean minimal to no rocking.
Whatever pikey aftermarket headunit that was fitted when I purchased the car has been removed and replaced with an ebay special SD card player, this is 100% removeable as it uses the ISO connector.
The dash trims are currently off and also trimmed in automotive grade faux suede, but easy enough to refit.
The silver doorcards are trimmed with the same faux suede.
Window winders replaced with stainless steel/ali items from an old fashioned mini.
Gearstick surround is also trimmed in the same grey faux suede.
It has the footrest fitted and the vx220 mats.
The steering wheel needs a retrim due to the sh** ass 'leather' that gm specced dying when used in the cold weather with a wedding ring on :lol:
Heater isnt fitted, as the damn thing was fcuked, There is a 3" axial fan fitted to run at full speed at pos 3 of the control. It will come with the resistors needed to add the other 2 speeds and parts to make my current design of heater box up.

Outside
Cosmetically shes not perfect, I was mid restoration when an incident occurred. Any osmosis was ground out and filled with a high quality polyester grp filler.
Needs a total repaint.
Front clam needs a small repair from where a low/high kerb was nudged.
Back end where the incident damage was done, either needs the MVS lower claim piece fitting or cut out a section from another claim to fit.
Needs a drivers side rear light (although it still functions fine, just the lens is smashed)
Pax light is a terbow one (meh)
Needs a new exhaust, I do have a FULL manifold back std N/A exhaust but not fitted incase the buyer wants something else.
Its got a newly covered red softtop, no need to treat that beastie for a while.
Cracked windscreen but has been so for the past 2 MOT's with a shorter wiper blade ;) :lol:

Comes with
std radiator with ali end caps welded on
4-1 FLD stainless steel exhaust manifold (needs some mild fettling to finish it off)
full OEM N/A exhaust
Several meters of Grey and Black automotive grade faux suede
Parts to make MK2 of my heater design (small bit of fettling with GRP to finish), resistors for fan speeds.

Dirty part now.
Asking £5K for it, and will listen to sensible offers as its easy to come down but a pain to sell something too cheap :lol:
Based near Stansted Airport.
Obv need to trailer it away due to no tax or VIC

Oh and there is no gayness about 'never tracked', its been to the ring, its been on a few tracks and its not exploded or any other sh** some gaylord bumdars think a tracked car means.

Talk to me.
Will update with pics as and when I can