PDA

View Full Version : Fitting radiator to XE engine bay

Iain
28-12-10, 03:59 PM
How the hell is this possible, I'm trashing my brand new radiator and scratching the paint off my freshly painted manifold and it's nowhere near fitting :mad: What's the trick

Damo
28-12-10, 04:05 PM
I had to fit the rad first mate then refit the manifold there should be loads of room as i fitted my manifold on with the radfan attached too!

Gareth_C
28-12-10, 04:08 PM
I fit/remove mine by putting it through the front I dont have the little bar that goest between the slam panel and cross member so put it through where the grill would go and line it up from there. you sometimes have to slightly lift the slam panel to straighten the rad up

Iain
28-12-10, 04:14 PM
Damen I had the rad fitted and the manifold made a nice fat dent in the radiator before it even lined up with the studs. It's a fatter Ashley one though.

Cheers Gareth I'm tempted to remove the vertical bar for more room to try and get it through the front.

Damo
28-12-10, 04:22 PM
[quote=Iain]Damen I had the rad fitted and the manifold made a nice fat dent in the radiator before it even lined up with the studs. It's a fatter Ashley one though.

Ah right thats probabilly why then id do as gareth said then whip the bracing bar out fit the rad the bolt it back on mate so it can be removed again if needed.

Damo.

John
28-12-10, 04:27 PM
take the manifold off and fit rad.

Gareth_C
28-12-10, 04:42 PM
Damen I had the rad fitted and the manifold made a nice fat dent in the radiator before it even lined up with the studs. It's a fatter Ashley one though.

Cheers Gareth I'm tempted to remove the vertical bar for more room to try and get it through the front.

Im running the ashley manifold aswell thats why I do mine like that:thumb:

Mieran
28-12-10, 04:52 PM
Take the vertical brace thing off, there is 4 spot welds, 2 at the top and 2 on the bottom

MK999
28-12-10, 05:09 PM
Take the vertical brace thing off, there is 4 spot welds, 2 at the top and 2 on the bottom

Just me that automatically thought grinder top and bottom will see it off in 20 seconds then lol

Iain
28-12-10, 05:10 PM
I'm too wimpy to take an angle grinder to my fresh paint! I'd end up junior hacksawing it off lol

Its on anyway, removed the manifold, refitted the rad without the top rubber lugs and the manifold went on. There's no way of moving the rad out far enough to refit the drivers side rubber mount so it'll have to stay with one.

Damo
28-12-10, 05:20 PM
I'm too wimpy to take an angle grinder to my fresh paint! I'd end up junior hacksawing it off lol

Its on anyway, removed the manifold, refitted the rad without the top rubber lugs and the manifold went on. There's no way of moving the rad out far enough to refit the drivers side rubber mount so it'll have to stay with one.

Least youve managed to do it iain its a bloody big sqeaze mind with the XE in there though.

auzzy-b
28-12-10, 06:16 PM
I fitted mine before I fitted the engine.. But I have had the manifold off with the engine/manifold in place and it came out easy enough, try that. It's a good idea to remove the studs holding the manifold and replace them all with bolts! That way you don't have to unhook it if you get me?