PDA

View Full Version : Twin 45's fuel pump?

MattBrown
27-12-10, 05:14 PM
Hi all.

I have gone for twin 45's for the track car, and have everything except a pump and the carbs.

So, the next purchase is a pump, is the general concensus to just get a facet redtop pump?

NOV4_SPORT
27-12-10, 05:18 PM
A facet silver top i what a lot of people use when using twin 40's, along with a good regulator.

iain

philip
27-12-10, 07:39 PM
rollers prob have pump and reg gayboy and could be cheaper than thieves too

MattBrown
27-12-10, 08:58 PM
Find a price please phill.

And cheers Iain, I have a very expensive reg (well, ish)

So the quest for a pump continues lol

Stuart
28-12-10, 04:47 PM
ideally a solid state pump, but tbh given they only need to lob out 3-7psi at cock all per hour they wont be heavily stressed lol

C612DNM
28-12-10, 08:48 PM
Is this a "serious" track car, or just a track-day car?
Being 45's I'm assuming that you're talking about either a sorted 1600, or a gentle breathing on a 2.0L

If you're just using it for just track days, then as Stuart said, the "Solid State" will do OK for you, and use a FilterKing regulator/filter set at 2-3psi.

If you're going racing, then the "proper" solution is a pair of Red Tops, in series (one after the other for those that don't know what series means), with a FilterKing regulator/filter set at 2-3psi, and a either a two-way switch to select the pump, or just a pair of pump switches.

RedTops are better at draining the fuel out of the tank - they prime better/quicker, sucking like a $10 whore!!