PDA

View Full Version : c20 let cutting out and overfueling????

ashjones
27-12-10, 03:31 PM
i can start the car it will drive for a while then i it will cut out when i slow down or come to a stand still but then start back up strieght away ive been told to check the coolant temp senser but i have replaced it for a new one and its still doing it and also it is seriously over fueling the fumes stink of fuel inside the car under the bonet everywere just stinks of petrol any ideas

thanks in advance

Jonlem
27-12-10, 03:34 PM
What fuel pressure regulator are you using ?

Has the ecu got damp or wet ?

Could also be the maf

ashjones
27-12-10, 03:42 PM
i am using a standard 3 bar one ive changed it once becouse my other one was nakerd no the ecu is well protected inside the car
wer abouts is the maf senser on a let
alo wen the car has been run for a while and i turn it off im getting a small hissing noise from the fuel rail when i located it it was coming near to the valve type thing on the rail do you know wat that is for ?

Jonlem
27-12-10, 03:44 PM
Valve type thing ?

I presume you mean the regulator ? or do you mean the fuel vent tank valve ?

MAF is on the intake hose going to the turbo, it does at the end of the day control the fuelling so could well be a issue.

ashjones
27-12-10, 03:45 PM
sorry i sound abit stupid ther wat i mean is there is like a dust cap on the rail when i took it off ther is like a valve core when i pressed that in with my finger the hissing stoped but as soon as i took my finger of it just started hissing again ?

Jonlem
27-12-10, 03:48 PM
That shouldn't be hissing tbh, I believe its simply there to check fuel pressure, nothing else.

I'd change that although can't see it being at fault, if its hissing it should be spraying fuel out.

Are you sure its overfuelling and not underfuelling ?

shed-on-wheels
27-12-10, 03:55 PM
if thats hissing then it would be loosing preasure so i would have thought it would be underfueling ?

ashjones
27-12-10, 03:57 PM
no becouse it everything stinks of fuel the exhaust fumes stink of it even when i turn the heaters on u can smell the fuel cumin in throo them ive just checked the the intake hose i have nothing apart from the afm on there ?

R1CH
27-12-10, 04:01 PM
If that valve is hissing / leaking then the smell of fuel could well be coming from that, stick a new valve core in it or just try and tighten it up.

ashjones
27-12-10, 04:04 PM
will do cheers

Jonlem
27-12-10, 04:09 PM
If that valve is hissing / leaking then the smell of fuel could well be coming from that, stick a new valve core in it or just try and tighten it up.

Without doubt will explain the smell, very suprised its not leaking fuel from it though.

ashjones
27-12-10, 04:24 PM
nice 1 for the help lads jonlem i checked the intake pipe mine only has the afm on it or am i looking in the wrong place cheers

Jonlem
27-12-10, 04:27 PM
They are the same thing mate, I just used another name for it forgetting thats what people with Vauxhalls know them as !

ashjones
27-12-10, 04:33 PM
nice 1 mate thanks for the help

Jonlem
27-12-10, 04:34 PM
No problem :)