PDA

View Full Version : Fitting gte/sri clocks

Jonesyboy
27-12-10, 10:44 AM
With the standard nova clocks it hasnt got a rev counter, so if i fit clocks from a gte or sri that has a rev counter is the wiring/sensors or whatever it needs to work already there? or will the rev counter not work?

pie
27-12-10, 10:56 AM
you have to run a wire to the coil for the rev counter to work buddy

phazer
27-12-10, 12:54 PM
If you have an injected model without rev counter the wire you need should be taped up behind the clocks. It's green IIRC.

shed-on-wheels
27-12-10, 03:01 PM
injection models have a green wire taped up in the loom behind the clocks and on carb models you need a female spade conecter and run a wire from the coil you will know which one it is as it wont have nothing conected run it into the cab and conect to your clocks :D

MattBrown
27-12-10, 03:05 PM
Most carb models already have the wire.

I have put afew sets in cars, and only had to run one wire.

Danny s-p
27-12-10, 03:07 PM
run wire from the ecu is what i did was green one

Iain
27-12-10, 03:44 PM
Where does the green revcounter wire connect to the clocks? The main plug?

shed-on-wheels
27-12-10, 03:56 PM
yes ian on the main plug mate there will be a space just find out which one and pop him in lol

mk1nova_rich
27-12-10, 06:43 PM
The wire is usually already there on carb and injection cars. On Mk1s (separate spade connection) its usually taped up behind the clocks, and on Mk2s its already in the 14 pin plug - just earths somewhere else on pov spec models without rev counter so as soon as you stick SRi/GSi clocks in it will work

mk1nova_rich
27-12-10, 06:47 PM
Also, make sure you get the GSi/SRi clocks...they are specific to the Mk2 dashboard, which is what you have. The earlier SR/GTE clocks only fit Mk1 dashboards :)

Dave.
28-12-10, 06:42 AM
The wire is usually already there on carb and injection cars. On Mk1s (separate spade connection) its usually taped up behind the clocks, and on Mk2s its already in the 14 pin plug - just earths somewhere else on pov spec models without rev counter so as soon as you stick SRi/GSi clocks in it will work

As Rich said, i just plugged my SRI slocks in when i had them in my Mk2 and all worked spot on, no new weiring required, just plug & play :thumb:

My mk1 however had the green wire taped up behind the dashboard afew inches down from the clocks plug, just untaped it and connected it upto the spade connector on the back of the clocks :thumb:

Iain
19-01-11, 09:16 PM
yes ian on the main plug mate there will be a space just find out which one and pop him in lol

Can you/someone just confirm the revcounter wire needs to go in multiplug slot #7 on mk2 clocks?

Spudly
19-01-11, 09:32 PM
I cant remember which number it is but as you look at the plug from the plug side (i.e. looking at the gold tabs) its top right pin it goes to, which as you look at the plug-hole on the clocks, needs to feed top left trace on the board.

Hope that makes sense lol

Iain
19-01-11, 09:34 PM
It does indeed, much appreciated.