PDA

View Full Version : c16xe fuel pump

boyd_1989
23-12-10, 01:36 PM
hi does any one know which fuel pump i should use... i put a c16xe in my carb nova im using the carb tank (dont know if its ok to use or not?) and ive put a facet inline fuel pump on it but it only gives half a bar pressure and ive been told it needs to be about 2.5 - 3 bar? and running at half a bar its underfueling really bad. Thanks

Mike
23-12-10, 02:05 PM
What Facet pump are you using? A "redtop" by any chance?

boyd_1989
23-12-10, 02:27 PM
no mate dont think so, i bought it off my mate that was going to put it on his G40 polo

Plug
23-12-10, 02:33 PM
craig mate as i said your probs going to be better off getting a Spi injection take and and internal pump.

Ask on here as im sure someone will be selling one

boyd_1989
23-12-10, 02:35 PM
craig mate as i said your probs going to be better off getting a Spi injection take and and internal pump.

Ask on here as im sure someone will be selling one

i know mate but im trying to find a cheaper way around it as i havnt got much money atm

mowgli
23-12-10, 03:12 PM
get a gte external type injection pump....as in astra gte mk1,2 nova gte, manta gte, golf gti, some bmw's probably some fords too.... then make sure you run the car with at least 1/4 tank of fuel so when you corner fast, it doesn't starve the pump.

ps. if you can't afford to get a tank off any mk2 spi donor nova & fit an astra mk3 mpi pump, how will you afford the change in insurance??

Mike
23-12-10, 03:15 PM
^Cav inj pumps work good aswell, I used one on my E16 motor.

boyd_1989
23-12-10, 03:29 PM
get a gte external type injection pump....as in astra gte mk1,2 nova gte, manta gte, golf gti, some bmw's probably some fords too.... then make sure you run the car with at least 1/4 tank of fuel so when you corner fast, it doesn't starve the pump.

ps. if you can't afford to get a tank off any mk2 spi donor nova & fit an astra mk3 mpi pump, how will you afford the change in insurance??

im not telling them

mowgli
23-12-10, 03:45 PM
wrong answer

boyd_1989
23-12-10, 03:53 PM
wrong answer

no i am really... eventually wen im on the road lol. im probably gonna get traders policy tho in feb, so it wont really matter about conversion. oh and thanks for the info on the pumps :thumb:

Plug
23-12-10, 04:03 PM
^Cav inj pumps work good aswell, I used one on my E16 motor.

i did on my c16xe aswell :)

phazer
23-12-10, 08:05 PM
The tank will need a breather arrangement of some sort if you're going to run a high pressure pump. Don't forget you'll need to renew you fuel lines too, unless they have the same steel type as the injection models - this I've no idea.

boyd_1989
23-12-10, 11:32 PM
The tank will need a breather arrangement of some sort if you're going to run a high pressure pump. Don't forget you'll need to renew you fuel lines too, unless they have the same steel type as the injection models - this I've no idea.

thanks. and no its not steel pipes on mine

phazer
24-12-10, 11:20 AM
Might be easier to source an injection tank, you'll need a return as well as the breather - doesn't matter which tank you get. SRi/GTE/GSi have external pumps the other single point injected models have in tank pumps, any will be fine for a standard C16XE.

For the lines they need to be high pressure lines. You can either use 8mmID Kunifer (Same stuff as replacement brake pipes but different ID) or get some rubber injection hose - whichever is cheaper and easiest to fix up to the floor pan I guess.