PDA

View Full Version : Digi dash

biker
05-06-03, 10:21 AM
I have installed a digi dash which I got from a scrappy.

I fitted the whole loom and the wiring for the clocks.
All seems to be working fine except I cant get a display of the MPH but everything else works!!!

Any Ideas????

Aragorn
05-06-03, 01:30 PM
u installed the gearbox sender?!

if so it might be fucked

if your lucky and its a "AA" sender (8v digidash) u will be able to pick one up from any nova SPi (1.2 or 1.4) as they all use the same sender

if its a 16v dash ur prolly out of luck

BC
05-06-03, 04:26 PM
Is it hard to fit a digi dash as i'm looking to get one but scared of not being able to put it in or damaging my car.

BC
05-06-03, 04:38 PM
does anyone know a website with a step by steb guide to fitting a digi dash?

burgessovsalford
05-06-03, 04:50 PM
I have installed a digi dash which I got from a scrappy.

I fitted the whole loom and the wiring for the clocks.
All seems to be working fine except I cant get a display of the MPH but everything else works!!!

Any Ideas????

The little black thing that resets your milege.... well if u twist that it changes your digi clocks from kpm to mph" :wink:

biker
05-06-03, 08:57 PM
Dunno what kind it is.

You can change the display from MPH to KPH.

The gearbox sender??

Wots that!!

Euan
05-06-03, 09:24 PM
that'll be ur answer then !

leepwoollard
05-06-03, 10:19 PM
ive just put a digi dash in and have it all working but since fitting it my car keeps dropping out when i slow down i have no idea why any 1 have any ideas

mikeoxford
05-06-03, 11:50 PM
does anyone know a website with a step by steb guide to fitting a digi dash?
read my footer

how to guides

under interior

both mk1 and mk2 fitting guides

Aragorn
06-06-03, 01:02 AM
colster

im assuming your getting no readings at all

which installation guide did u use to fit it?

the one on mikes site takes you thru all the aspects of installing the dash including the speed sender on the gearbox

if its a 8v dash it will have a tick shaped rev counter
16v has a smooth curve (circle)

ydg27
06-06-03, 11:06 AM
the gearbox senders are like rocking horse poop to find and the 16v dash is rare-er than the 8v dash. try doing a search on google for "fitting a digital dash" and the very first result should be for a mk2 digi dash fitting guide and its well helpful

biker
13-06-03, 09:28 PM
Can anyone tell me if you can find out if the gearbox sender should be sending 8 impulses or 16 pulses.

I can get the part for ?35 or ?79 depending on which one it is!!

I just need to find out which one I need!!!!! :?

Aragorn
13-06-03, 10:24 PM
urm there is no 8 pulse dash

its 6 or 16

which dash do u have

8v dash has an inverted tick for a rev counter

16v dash has a smooth circle for rev counter

and as ive pointed out if its the 8v dash - ie 6 pulse - u can pick em up for pennies from scrapyards

pickle
15-06-03, 04:41 PM
if u still cant get your digi dash in try and get a hold of the november 2001 issue of total vauxhall, and go to page 84 it show's u a guy called barry evans fitting a dash and show's u step by step with great words and pic's. if u still cant get hold of it mail me at novamad@talk21.com and i'l scan it to u, but try looking for it 1st. coz im lazy