PDA

View Full Version : Making changes to a bankers draft?

adam c
21-12-10, 09:57 PM
Right first of all I know I'm a muppet etc etc lol.I should be buying a car tomorrow and the seller has asked for a bankers draft.so my gf's mum has been and got me a bankers draft and/or I have transferred my money into her account (it was easier that way as I don't really get chance to get to bank)and she asked me for his name but I spelt it wrong!:tard: ( well instead of Damien I spelt it Damian!)

I've had a quick look on google and carnt really see anything and was wondering if any of you have had any experiences or work in a bank?
(p.s I carnt use the same pen as dunno which one she used and I'm not at theyre house and tbh I'd rather not tell her what I've done as she will do my head in!!and worry and moan etc!!)

novacabrio
21-12-10, 10:07 PM
If you buy the car then go with him to his bank and pay it in and explain the problem, Don't alter it or it will be void and he may decline it. It is a crazy amount of hassle to cancel a draft as the money is cleared funds. Basicly once the bank write that draft the money should be out of your account. From experience you need written consent from both parties to then cancel it. Basicly to stop you stealing it back and trying to pull a fast one.

Keif
22-12-10, 05:30 PM
I wouldn't worry about it.

He'll just be able to pay it in with the name spelt wrongly.

I've done it before with no hassle, the cashier probably won't even notice.

loggyboy
22-12-10, 06:58 PM
Small mistake, bank probably wont notice/care.