PDA

View Full Version : Bit Random but oh well lol

waynes sri
21-12-10, 07:40 PM
having seen my nova just sat on the drive with no tax or insurance which means no use of course..and really dirty for no reason today i just felt sorry for it so just went and got a new batt for it as mine if useless but not like i can use it!! with out spending more money lol... is anyone else like me when its there to be used ya dont really use it but when you cant use it ya dont half want to fire it up and go for a razz round lol

w88rdy
21-12-10, 08:17 PM
Same here wayne , just put a new battery on mine yesterday the frost killed the last one lol

blue_peg_16v
21-12-10, 09:33 PM
keep looking in the garage at mine and wanting to take it for an mot lol

Jack
21-12-10, 09:38 PM
No lol

Mine's been sat out front for ages. Battery is long dead, even though I bought it new a few months ago. Forgot to disconnect it and put in the garage :mad:

shed-on-wheels
21-12-10, 10:15 PM
im still awaiting my welding to be done

Pete
21-12-10, 10:17 PM
My nova was just sat in the garden waiting funding.

Sold the sh*t peice off and will wait for a better one when i have the money.
Hated lookin at it... tbh everytime i looked at it, it just made me hate Nova's even more lol

Cle
21-12-10, 10:18 PM
if i have to buy a battery ill need a fooking bank loan, mental how much a battery costs !!!

paddy quinn
21-12-10, 10:22 PM
ive still got loads of work to do on mine and need to go for my test aswell

stupot89
21-12-10, 11:15 PM
just sold mine thinking it would motivate me to start the other one

Stoo
21-12-10, 11:28 PM
Great idea

Don't drive car, spend Money on something relatively expensive that's gonna sit there and deteriorate in the cold

I despair

draper
21-12-10, 11:31 PM
ASW thread much ?

Jack
21-12-10, 11:59 PM
if i have to buy a battery ill need a fooking bank loan, mental how much a battery costs !!!
You think thats bad, try loking at the prices of one for a 3.0 V6 :(

w_wall_2001
22-12-10, 06:23 AM
mine has been in the back yard since july and not moved since, have puled things off it to replace/upgrade/clean bt not moved it, everytime i look out the back i wanna take it out but will have to wait until next year due to working out of the country and cant justify having it on the road when im only back once a month for a couple of days

MK999
22-12-10, 10:48 AM
You think thats bad, try loking at the prices of one for a 3.0 V6 :(

You can probably downspec that a fair bit after losing air con power steering etc etc. No way you're gonna need the same kind of CCA for a 'bare' engine.

Jack
22-12-10, 10:50 AM
Would still need a decent bit of oomph for the starter though. Remember its already totalled my XE-spec Varta yellow battery lol

MK999
22-12-10, 10:58 AM
Would still need a decent bit of oomph for the starter though. Remember its already totalled my XE-spec Varta yellow battery lol

The oomph you need for the starter, is the CCA (cold cranking amps) which is specced as enough ampage to turn the starter over at x RPM with all of the ancillaries etc. It's gonna be bigger than an XE battery for sure, 2 extra cylinders makes a difference, but you're not gonna need something as powerful as the standard V6 battery as it's dropped a load of ancillaries.

See how this measure up: http://www.bgsoflex.com/cgi-bin/cca.cgi?cid=183&cyl=6

TeddyThom
22-12-10, 11:25 AM

"This is Varta!! No wait... It's dead."

lol

Jack
22-12-10, 11:46 AM
The oomph you need for the starter, is the CCA (cold cranking amps) which is specced as enough ampage to turn the starter over at x RPM with all of the ancillaries etc. It's gonna be bigger than an XE battery for sure, 2 extra cylinders makes a difference, but you're not gonna need something as powerful as the standard V6 battery as it's dropped a load of ancillaries.

See how this measure up: http://www.bgsoflex.com/cgi-bin/cca.cgi?cid=183&cyl=6
That doesn't make sense to me. You're saying half a Nova battery (440A) could turn the V6 over, reliably, each time? I don't buy that. It killed the XE battery!

As for ancilliaries, why should they come into it? As most will be disabled when the ignition goes out whilst the car starts, I know my A/C on the celica cuts out when the engine starts... sure the drive belt is still there, but I can't see it making that much difference...

draper
22-12-10, 03:40 PM
i always upgrade my battery to a diesal one if it dies, ive left lights on overnight and the car has still cranked over 1st click of the key lol

useful for sitting in carparks listening to music aswell bruv

L14MNP
22-12-10, 03:43 PM
None of you clowns planning to take advantage of the threee year guarantee that will yield you a new replacement FOC?

mayhem
22-12-10, 04:55 PM
lol thats just gay.

mine is in the garage during the winter, and i havent disconnected the battery, and it still started last saterday.
good reminder to disconnect it, it's a freaking 200 euro optima redtop battery

Jack
22-12-10, 06:09 PM
None of you clowns planning to take advantage of the threee year guarantee that will yield you a new replacement FOC?
Thats fine til they say they have to fit the replacement to "ensure its fitted correctly for warranty purposes". Soooo, where exactly is your Saab 9000 then sir? lol

dj_wudgey
22-12-10, 08:49 PM
having seen my nova just sat on the drive with no tax or insurance which means no use of course..and really dirty for no reason today i just felt sorry for it so just went and got a new batt for it as mine if useless but not like i can use it!! with out spending more money lol... is anyone else like me when its there to be used ya dont really use it but when you cant use it ya dont half want to fire it up and go for a razz round lol

well i allways want to drive mine like but then i dont aswell i want her wrapped in cotton!! when its had the resto it will get used even less which will be hard to as i dont use her much as it is lol!! it does kill me in winter when i cant just go for a drive for the fun but its for her own good!!!

Joe Richardson
22-12-10, 09:45 PM
would rather keep mine off the roads this time of the year wayne mate lol

dj_wudgey
22-12-10, 09:54 PM
me two joe lol!!! you got to keep them as good condition as you can!! and the grit and b*llocks is bad for them so she stay's away untill the summer!!!