PDA

View Full Version : water froze

CoolTiger
19-12-10, 11:02 PM
right not nova but 106 but engines a engine so thought id ask here, right i didnt have enough anti freeze in im guessing and last night my water froze -15 not knowing i jump in started it was fine drove about 3 miles down road heaters wernt warming up and engine temp and already started to rise, so i pulled over checked the hoses, the rad top hose was unfrozen and warm but bottom was frozen left it 10 mins, then the bottom one was unfrozen so started again but still no hot air and engine temp creaped up ? cant see any leaking water or anything just abit confused what the problem might be

comptoncj
19-12-10, 11:07 PM
you are lucky the timing belt didnt jump! i would check the water pump, rad could still be frozen, heater matrix may be frozen.

AlexW
19-12-10, 11:15 PM
Water pump will be ****ed lol
I tried to ring you earlier.

breadstraw
19-12-10, 11:23 PM
haha this happened to me
although my XE's cambelt decided to skip about 3trillion teeth! haha
and now its stuck on my drive waiting to get towed to a garage but this snow has ruined the plan :\

Dave.
19-12-10, 11:52 PM
Check the water pump, might find its ripped off its teeth so its not throwing water around the cycle, also check the radiator for leaks, did a zafira a while ago, water pump chewed its teeth off and burst the rad

CoolTiger
20-12-10, 07:38 PM
right kinda bad new but good news over night car frozen even more, in middle of pooring hot water and anti freeze and its slowly defrosting but with it freezing more the water pump has frozen solid which means it was ok :)

cheiko
20-12-10, 07:59 PM
lucky escape dude, this happened last year to my mrs civic, it sheared the shaft on the water pump and popped a core plug out> eek.

BongMong
20-12-10, 08:31 PM
mate forgot to put anti freeze in his 200 s14a.. blow the core plugs out his head.. engine out job..

Derick-Sport
20-12-10, 08:40 PM
happens to me 3 times in the last week the thermostat is frozen up. i start my car let it get hot to defrost then switch it off leave for an hour and its back to normal, but you must fill up with antifreeze

Dayle_
23-12-10, 05:59 PM
This just happened to a woman at work. 56 reg Citroen C4 sadly it skipped the cambelt and well, stripped it down 16 bent valves, 11 cracked lifters and most of the guides gone :-s.

draper
23-12-10, 06:02 PM
happened on my dads mondeo aswell, luckily pouring warm water through the system worked and no damage has been done