PDA

View Full Version : who has used 22 spline nova gte shafts in there turbo conversions?

matthew172
18-12-10, 07:14 PM
so anyone used the nova gte shaft/cav inner joints combo on there let novas??

how did they cope with the torque etc? ive never heard of anyone breaking a 22 spline shaft before or the cvs providing there in good condition to start with

matt

Lee H
18-12-10, 07:18 PM
I used them on a phase 2 LET, like you say it's usually the CV's that give up as I've done a few of them.

Only changed them in the end as wanted equal length shafts to try and reduce torque steer.

shed-on-wheels
18-12-10, 08:00 PM
couldn't of said it better my self lee H but aslong as your not flat out everywhere they should be ok mine were generaly fine and went 3 times in 2 years so nt to bad i ges

blue_peg_16v
18-12-10, 09:30 PM
im running them on my phase 3 let not had a problem with the let but when i ran the xe on 48s i managed to shear both outer cv shafts off in the hubs, feck knows how as it only had an f20 with standard diff maybe it was the fact id done 30 runs down the sticky pod strip over the weekend that took there toal lol, havent taken the let down the pod yet but have ran at york with no problems.

ive had big block novas for about 13 years now and back in the day the only shafts available were tapered shafts went through 3 sets on a standard valver before i found out about 22 spline shafts and bar the cv brakage ive had no problems and it gets driven hard

Nick J
18-12-10, 10:00 PM
My phase 2 let is on them fella at the moment and has been since it was converted a good few years back. It seems they are strong enough but do suffer from torque steer as Lee said. I have a full set of the big block equal length setup shafts to replace them for when the cars ready for the road again.

Nick.