PDA

View Full Version : EML wire to dash

boyd_1989
18-12-10, 10:28 AM
Hi does any 1 know which colour wire the EML is and wer do i join it up to on dash ( i have put a C16XE in a 1.2 carb nova ) thanks

siby
18-12-10, 10:55 AM
blue/borwn if i remember correctly but im not 100%

boyd_1989
18-12-10, 10:58 AM
blue/borwn if i remember correctly but im not 100%

thanks... wer do i put it to on the dash tho

Spudly
18-12-10, 12:55 PM
Depends which clocks youre using, if youre using SR/GSi style ones with the rev counter, use the feed for the choke warning light, that is on the same circuit as the eml light, just there wont be a bulb in the eml light hole if theyre carb clocks, swap the bulb to the one for the eml and connect your wire to the pin which goes to that circuit!

boyd_1989
18-12-10, 03:43 PM
Depends which clocks youre using, if youre using SR/GSi style ones with the rev counter, use the feed for the choke warning light, that is on the same circuit as the eml light, just there wont be a bulb in the eml light hole if theyre carb clocks, swap the bulb to the one for the eml and connect your wire to the pin which goes to that circuit!

rite, ive got the gsi clocks with rev counter but i used to have just the normal 1 without EML and it was a carb engine b4. so do i put the EML wire to the choke light wire from the plug that goes into the clocks? + is the EML wire blue/brown or ??? Thanks

mowgli
18-12-10, 03:45 PM
isn't it brown & yellow???

Spudly
18-12-10, 03:46 PM
I dont know which colour the eml wire is but if you look on the back of your clocks you can trace the metal circuit from the choke light to the pin it goes to on the plug, cut that wire and join in your eml wire, then remove the bulb from the choke light and hold your clocks up to the light and you will see the symbol for eml light, put your bulb in there as its on the same circuit as the choke light, hope that makes sense:thumb:

boyd_1989
18-12-10, 03:47 PM
isn't it brown & yellow???

thats wot i thought but ive been told different by a few ppl so i dont know

Adam
18-12-10, 03:49 PM
Its brown and blue.
Brown and yellow is for diagnostics flash

boyd_1989
18-12-10, 03:51 PM
I dont know which colour the eml wire is but if you look on the back of your clocks you can trace the metal circuit from the choke light to the pin it goes to on the plug, cut that wire and join in your eml wire, then remove the bulb from the choke light and hold your clocks up to the light and you will see the symbol for eml light, put your bulb in there as its on the same circuit as the choke light, hope that makes sense:thumb:

yh mate thanks alot :)

boyd_1989
18-12-10, 03:55 PM
Its brown and blue.

so i put the brown/blue wire to the yellow/brown wire(choke light wire) ?

Adam
18-12-10, 04:02 PM
If you want to use the choke light for your ecu light yes

Jack
18-12-10, 04:02 PM
Its brown and blue.
Just out of curiousity, if you connected that to the choke light (when you have no choke) would you get any error codes flash up each time you turned the ignition on?

Spudly
18-12-10, 04:03 PM
Choke symbol and eml symbol are the same wire on the clocks, you cant use both bulbs for something different!

boyd_1989
18-12-10, 04:06 PM
If you want to use the choke light for your ecu light yes

ive got gsi clocks in now, so ther is an eml ther.

Adam
18-12-10, 04:13 PM
Just out of curiousity, if you connected that to the choke light (when you have no choke) would you get any error codes flash up each time you turned the ignition on?
You have to put that brown/yellow to earth, and then turn the ignition on to get the ecu to flash codes on the blue/brown wire.

Boyd-Just connect it to the ecu light on your clocks then

boyd_1989
18-12-10, 04:17 PM
You have to put that brown/yellow to earth, and then turn the ignition on to get the ecu to flash codes on the blue/brown wire.

Boyd-Just connect it to the ecu light on your clocks then

ok thanks :)

Jack
18-12-10, 04:26 PM
Choke symbol and eml symbol are the same wire on the clocks, you cant use both bulbs for something different!
whut