PDA

View Full Version : coilovers

dj_wudgey
17-12-10, 01:30 PM
are the fk highsport any good?? im interested in these as they go low enough for me as gaz one's dont!! it will want it to handle decent but im not using it on track its just for shows and the ocasional sunday drive also im not botherd how hard they make the ride!!

http://www.venommotorsport.com/manufacturer_product.php?manufacturer=FK&category=suspension&product=HighsportCoilovers&make=Vauxhall&model=Nova

Edd
17-12-10, 01:43 PM
mate Gaz ones will go very low if you have the short body ones

dj_wudgey
17-12-10, 02:14 PM
ive seen benns but he's had to have bits and bobs modified ill look into it as id much rather have gaz coilovers!! but i asked if they would make them so i could drop it 100mm in the group buy thread and stuart said they wouldnt

scorge01
17-12-10, 03:08 PM
i had fk's on my nova a while back and thought they were pretty Gud and handled well. Avo coilovers Are also Gud and go low that's what im running next.

dj_wudgey
17-12-10, 03:09 PM
thanks matey im still thinking off fk's as there cheaper and im on a budget at the moment!! will allways think about going for a better make when i have more funds!!

Edd
17-12-10, 03:16 PM
mega low looks good but drives crap tho

L33 LEG
17-12-10, 03:41 PM
My mate had some highsports on his C and was very low but still had loads of travel left. Not sure if he fitted them correctly or not but they used to bang or bottom out constantly.

The cheap FKs are known to be **** and seize up but i think the highsports generally have a good feedback, i would take care of them though.

moffat
17-12-10, 04:08 PM
ive got txtechnic or something coilovers on the front of my nova, and they bang about but thats because i took out the little helper springs, there ideal for what i need them for though so im sure the fks will be better

pie
17-12-10, 05:03 PM
dont spaxs go low?

Pistol Pete
17-12-10, 05:06 PM
GAZ on mine. Short bodies too. IIRC GAZ will make them to your requirements. Get the GB info off Stu and call them.

dj_wudgey
19-12-10, 09:00 PM
My mate had some highsports on his C and was very low but still had loads of travel left. Not sure if he fitted them correctly or not but they used to bang or bottom out constantly.

The cheap FKs are known to be **** and seize up but i think the highsports generally have a good feedback, i would take care of them though.

yea they arent that expensive thats one reason id be going for the highsport its only untill i could afford better!! but yea if they have ok feedback ill definately consider it!!

pete ill be going for some gaz ones when i can afford it matey and if they go low enough!!

and edd i know it wont ride as good but its just for shows and the ocasional drive any way i want another motor to be slinging through corners the sr will just look and sound sweet lol