PDA

View Full Version : To Strip or not to Strip

General Lee
17-12-10, 08:47 AM
As admin wouldn't move the thread From parts for sale i have made a new one in the right section.

Now that is the question that has been bugging me for the last 3 months

Basically i am in a predicament and i can't make my mind up on what to do with my car, she is my daily runner. I bought a rollcage and some other bits to go in her but now can't make my mind up on what actually want to do. Not sure if it's just the cold putting me off or not but i keep thinking of all that excess weight that i'm hauling around. But i also like the warmth and the radio of my interior. It also has to be one or the other as i don't like the look of caged cars with interior.

I'm not looking for a decision on what to do because i want to make my own mind up, but i want to hear what you would do.

Basically to strip or not to strip Poll added too.

Jack
17-12-10, 10:36 AM
For me, a daily runner would need an interior. If I intended to use the car every day I'd want some form of creature comforts; nice seats, audio, a full dashboard, etc. Stripped out is fun, but soon becomes tedious when you're commuting every day.

AlanH
17-12-10, 11:21 AM
what engines in it? you have a bike, do you really need another mode of transport with no heaters/radio etc? lol. I know i couldn't be ar5ed using my nova (or bike during winter) for work everyday, fixed buckets and harnesses make checking blind spot near impossible, the road noise above 30 is unreal and the drone of the engine at a constant speed is really annoying. sell the cage and spend the cash tuning it

dj_wudgey
17-12-10, 01:06 PM
i dont find my nova tedious and its striped but then i only use her through summer and not much at that!! but ive had another nova striped that i used daily and again i just enjoyed driving her didnt mind no sterio ect ect!!!

Calamity Josh
03-01-11, 08:13 PM
strip, but leave in carpet and also carbon fiber or suchlike doorcards to decrease rattles/ road noise

TeddyThom
03-01-11, 09:27 PM
Strip but leave the audio in, I've done something similar...

dan23
03-01-11, 11:21 PM
striff it use a kit car heater
an fit the headunit front into the sun visor like joff has done

Jonesyboy
04-01-11, 09:20 AM
I'd take the other seats, door cards and what not out but keep the dash in. maybe remove glovebox and bottom of the dash where the cigarette lighter is?

dj_wudgey
04-01-11, 12:31 PM
Strip but leave the audio in, I've done something similar...

f*ck that it wieghs two much!! get some 40's and listen to the sound off music!!

General Lee
05-01-11, 10:09 AM
Tis stripped as of monday! I will upload pics but everyone here knows what a stripped nova looks like! Just need to block the sunroof hole up then i can drop the sunroof out! Then cage, paint inside, paint wheels red, Maybe HID or fogs, not sure yet but current lights are poo.

General Lee
05-01-11, 10:10 AM
f*ck that it wieghs two much!! get some 40's and listen to the sound off music!!

seconded if i was going to strip it, it would have to be pretty much everything non esensial!

General Lee
05-01-11, 11:26 AM
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll232/nathnova/My%20new%20nova%20diamond/791d2964.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll232/nathnova/My%20new%20nova%20diamond/ad88ee7f.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll232/nathnova/My%20new%20nova%20diamond/472c5fa2.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll232/nathnova/My%20new%20nova%20diamond/c0e597fd.jpg

dj_wudgey
05-01-11, 11:51 AM
thats the **** matey!! i took all the sound deadning out off my sr but left the door cards and roof lining!! i also put the carpet back in aswell but i wanted it to still look standard ish on the inside lol but good work matey!!! more fun to drive though isnt it!!

General Lee
05-01-11, 01:28 PM
Cheers buddy lots to do yet just need to find the time and materials! Yeah lots more fun!

dj_wudgey
05-01-11, 01:35 PM
yea its ace when i did my sr me and the mate that helped me do it went for a 5 minute drive that turned into like a 2 hour drive lol

loggyboy
05-01-11, 05:08 PM
Full strip -

No half measures, I used a fully stripped nova as a daily driver over winter, as long as you wear warm clothes and keep a cloth handy to wipe the screen on wet days its easy.