PDA

View Full Version : new head

robert_novaj611
17-12-10, 12:03 AM
hey last week i sheerd my waterpump pully and bent four valve son my 1.2 8v nova i changed the head and the gasket put it all back togethr and still cant get it going i have checked its got a spark it dose its geting fuel i dont have what els it could be enyone got eny ideas cheers :cry:

GK NOVA
17-12-10, 12:25 AM
is there any signs of it starting

check timing, check that the spark plugs leads are on the correct plugs

is it a carb or injection engine

GK NOVA
17-12-10, 12:29 AM
did you depress the hydraulic tappets if not the valves wont shut propley so it wont have no compression

robert_novaj611
17-12-10, 12:40 AM
naw turns over dats it mate if you put your hand over the injector you can feel it blowing ai through it if that makes sence haha

AlanH
17-12-10, 01:34 AM
havent got the timing 180 out have you? worth a look as ive seen a few people do this. tappets should fill themselves as it turns over a bit

robert_novaj611
17-12-10, 01:44 AM
a put it to tdc then took the cap off and put the leads on mate soo it should be right am just lost and a need my car haha

Connor
17-12-10, 02:21 AM
Just a thought, i know you have spark, but is the coil producing a good enough spark, have you measured the resistance in the leads, as i had a similar problem with mine the other week, where it was sparking but when i checked the leads one was sparking on and off and the spark produced was cr4p.
Also have you checked your plug-gaps?
Checked your Fuel pump is working properly?

robert_novaj611
17-12-10, 02:45 AM
yeah ave checkd the spark mate put the things on to check n they were fine mate and fuel pumps pumping fine its reli confusing me this one lol :(