PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been in the same boat ?

Cle
16-12-10, 06:51 PM
Right basiclly for the last couple of weeks or so i havent slept properly all that happens is i go to bed close my eyes and lie there for a few hours get fed up put on a film watch that then close my eyes lie there get bored watch another film, im annoyed cause im running out of films to watch lol joke, but seriously its starting to affect my work as im just like a zombie until i have lots of cups of coffee, now it doesnt matter what time i go to bed early or late, last few nights ive just been half asleep but still not totally asleep.

Im just wondering if anyones been in the same boat and what they done to try sleep ?

Grey
16-12-10, 06:55 PM
ermmm mate had this problem from work but his was to do with anxiety attacks (if thats how you spell it) i know the docs sorted him out ....

bazil
16-12-10, 06:59 PM
:d i got 9 hours sleep today

although i had been awake for 37 hours before that:tard:

just my shift pateern has been upset by the weather and now i dont know if im going for a sh!t or a shave lol

Andy
16-12-10, 07:00 PM
Try taking some temazepam

Spudly
16-12-10, 07:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NH35pdf4DSo

lol

Saloony
16-12-10, 07:14 PM
Wait till it carries on for 6weeks plus then it becomes an issue

wwmnw
16-12-10, 07:16 PM
Yeah I often go to bed and it takes me ages to get to sleep, sometimes get a couple of hours other times I sleep like a log, best thing to do is wear yourself out big time, play football or something for a few hours and don't eat/drink too much after 8pm.

Derick-Sport
16-12-10, 07:16 PM
a guy i worked with has this and its a type of insomnia often has a root cause but is hard to trace, he had it for 5 years before doing anything about it, controlled his life. i would go to your gp as they have prescribed him a sedative he takes an hour before bed everynight

Spudly
16-12-10, 07:17 PM
You need to go to a bar and start fighting with yourself in the carpark after a load of beers and then go live in a dilapidated house in a toxic waste part of town:thumb:

bazil
16-12-10, 07:18 PM
Wait till it carries on for 6weeks plus then it becomes an issue

is that what happens when you say...........
http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy181/Bazil_2468/cats/a00a2311.jpg

Rich
16-12-10, 07:19 PM
some 'herb' before bed will sort you out lol

chemist can probably do you somthing without seeing a doctor

Benn
16-12-10, 07:23 PM
For the last 6-7 years i've felt knackered but not tired at night.

I've laid on the sofa watching films for most of the night, maybe sleep 2hours if that, then once a week i'll fall asleep at 7ish and sleep till 730 the next morning.

I've tried a few different sleeping pills, dont work at all.
I don't drink coffee, tea, coke or any fizzy drink. So no real caffeine intake. Tried cutting sugar right down to a bare min and it didn't do a thing.

Doc couldn't help, so i've just got used too it.

Watched alot of movies and boxsets tho.

nova_saloon
16-12-10, 07:30 PM
its never good to take things to make you go to sleep, you can get an unnatural sleep and once you get used to taking them its hard to come off of them.
so Number one stop drinking that amount of coffee it can take 8 hours to clear your system and may be what's keeping you up at the moment. as your wired from coffee.
also if your anxious about something get that out rather the suppress anything with medication. what you should do is go without coffee all tomorrow, then go to bed. and just lie there and relax. if you worry that your not sleeping you will only stay up longer.
if you get up and watch a movie that can make it worse as it activates up the brain again. just get up grab some water. or microwave some milk, drink, then try again!. eventually you willl drop off. just have to breathe calmly. and not worry about it. eventually your body will get out of the bad sleeping habit and re-adjust.
any more info after this and its 56.93 an hour lol

dougie_boi
16-12-10, 07:34 PM
been like that for the last 3 1/2 years from when i split with the ex dont worry you will get used to it lol :thumb:

bazil
16-12-10, 07:34 PM
try this old method

http://i790.photobucket.com/albums/yy181/Bazil_2468/random2/frying-pan-head1-300x300.jpg

General Baxter
16-12-10, 07:36 PM
and heres me falling to sleep 6pm till about 8pm, then to be around 10pm till 6am lol

Jack
16-12-10, 07:41 PM
What time do you get up?

I used to have awful insomnia. But it just stopped one day, so thats not really much help lol

dougie_boi
16-12-10, 07:53 PM
What time do you get up?

I used to have awful insomnia. But it just stopped one day, so thats not really much help lollol think hes fell asleep aha

Cle
16-12-10, 08:30 PM
get up at 7am for work.

moffat
16-12-10, 08:38 PM
lol think hes fell asleep aha

nah hes back up lol

cle, since splitting up from the bird ive no been sleeping much, maybe that and all the energy juice im drinking lol

Mike
16-12-10, 08:41 PM
Ive had the same thing on & off for last 6 to 7 years now, kinda got used it to now though so doesnt bother me much.

Southie
16-12-10, 08:45 PM
I used to struggle with sleep when I was younger, I've found that watching too much telly and computers wasn't helping as your minds too active to sleep.
I also used to drink too much coffee so cut that out.
Try maybe going to a gym and get more exercise as well, you'll be knackered when you get home and will want a good sleep;)

dougie_boi
16-12-10, 08:50 PM
Stop Watching Pron And Go To Sleep

Lynsey
16-12-10, 10:19 PM
I've been in your boat too. I tried a few different 'remedies' and nothing really worked. It was just over the counter/off the shelf stuff though. The worst thing for me was that I was so, so tired all day then come bedtime I'd drop off then wake up about an hour later and not get back to sleep at all :( I had about four months of awful anxiety and lack of sleep, a vicious circle which was tough to break. Try not to think about the fact that you mightn't sleep much tonight because that just makes it worse I reckon. Try to relax and don't worry about it too much, you'll be ok again soon :thumb: :)

Graeme
16-12-10, 10:23 PM
Ask your doctor for some Valium, they work

db_1.2
16-12-10, 10:33 PM
Do some propper work in the day! I always sleep well.

AlexW
16-12-10, 10:35 PM
I feel tired just reading this thread.

bmw156
16-12-10, 10:50 PM
if your worried about things/think about things while you sleep
get a note pad and write them down. it clears your mind.

also one thing i like to do sometimes if my mind is going crazy. is just put yourself into a black room so pictures all black walls and its all around you.

another one i heard before is to lay there, and relax each muscle in your mind, start at your feet and work ya way up. it does work!

dougie_boi
16-12-10, 10:53 PM
reading helps as well read a book far a while in your bed and you will soon drift off

bmw156
16-12-10, 10:54 PM
yeh thats true, i read stuff on the iphone and i feel my eyes getting heavy and thats it, im gone

svlet
16-12-10, 11:05 PM
Ask your doctor for some Valium, they work
its not that easy they wont just give you them but they do work they will clear your mind and make you drowsey but they are highly addictive and eople miss days of thier lives when taking them so take care

MK999
16-12-10, 11:11 PM
but they are highly addictive and eople miss days of thier lives when taking them so take care

Does days of their lives even air in the UK?

SKoob
18-12-10, 09:26 AM
Same boat here, used to be able to sleep anywhere any time. I mean i could sleep stood up. Been through a bit of a messy breakup and its messed my sleeping right up. Tend to find i can nod off if i get hammered though lol. Speaking to a mate who also suffers he went to his docs and they gave him mdeication.

Cle
18-12-10, 07:38 PM
Well went out last night think i arrived home at 4ish slept like a dream lol

daleNOVAbrennan
18-12-10, 07:44 PM
its because your excited its nearly christmas lol

moffat
18-12-10, 07:58 PM
^^^ lol!!!

Cle
18-12-10, 08:01 PM
my bad moffat no the best at drunk texts lol

moffat
18-12-10, 08:04 PM
lol no probs bud, was funny to wake up to that hahaha lollol

Cle
18-12-10, 08:05 PM
Least it kinda made me no what i done haha lol

Dar
18-12-10, 08:22 PM
Night Nurse and a pint. Knocked me out cold!

mowgli
18-12-10, 08:50 PM
Night Nurse and a pint. Knocked me out cold!

dar, was the pint still in the bottle & was the nurse holding the bottle????

it sounds like lifestyle change time...

1. lay off caffeine & red bull type drinks
2. maybe visit your gp, you might have something troubling you that a bit of nhs approved counselling may help with.
3. if you are staying up late, try getting your head down way earlier.. when you are overtired....
http://www.visit4info.com/sitecontent/LG/fullZZZZZZTVC061227093804PIC.jpg
your brain goes into crazy mode & you just can't sleep

General Baxter
18-12-10, 09:33 PM
maybe try getting laid ?

Cle
18-12-10, 09:50 PM
get it enough mate :thumb:

moffat
18-12-10, 09:52 PM
maybe try getting laid ?

lmao!!!!

dj_wudgey
18-12-10, 09:59 PM
id just down a big glass off something strong before bed lol

Scooby_Eater
19-12-10, 01:24 AM
ermmm mate had this problem from work but his was to do with anxiety attacks (if thats how you spell it) i know the docs sorted him out ....

hmmm interesting to read that,had a similar problem with sleeping as above for 2 yars or so,last 8-9 months had big problems with anxiety attacks causing major chest pains and breathing troubles
never thought they may be linked,think il go have a word with the doc
thanks for sharing that :thumb:

saloonwoody
19-12-10, 06:46 PM
8-10 beers a night sort my sleep out lol

Benn
20-12-10, 09:10 PM
it sounds like lifestyle change time...

1. lay off caffeine & red bull type drinks
2. maybe visit your gp, you might have something troubling you that a bit of nhs approved counselling may help with.
3. if you are staying up late, try getting your head down way earlier.. when you are overtired....

I tried,
1, don't have any of that sh*te.
2, he said try goodnight all pills.. Didn't really wanna,
3, i can be in bed from 8pm with all the lights off.. Didn't sadly do anything for me :(

Pete
20-12-10, 09:22 PM
When i started my new job i have to be up at 4.45am every morning, i use to get up about 10-11ish and didnt go bed till about 12-1,

Read up loads of stuff on the internet to try and get myself into a new sleeping pattern, best way i found after trying loads of things is to go to bed only when you feel like you realy cant stay awake, try reading a book if you feel tired and it takes you longer than 5-10 mins to go to sleep, then read a bit more, and then try again.
set an alarm for the morning at what ever time and wake up at that time every day, avoid hitting the snooze alarm or turn off.
and then when your alarm goes just get out of bed as quick as possible and go and splash some water in your face.

from my own experience it worked for me. i now go to bed about 9-10'ish and wake up smack on 4.45am without question, and then im ready for bed once i finish work at 4.30 :)

Mike
20-12-10, 09:24 PM
Sadly I wake up at 6.30am every morning of every day of the week. Work or not. How **** is that :(

Pete
20-12-10, 09:25 PM
Sadly I wake up at 6.30am every morning of every day of the week. Work or not. How **** is that :(

I get up at 4.45am every morning :( wake up on a day off and clean.... how sad is that lol

Benn
20-12-10, 09:29 PM
Good for the body and brain.

Pete
20-12-10, 09:34 PM
Is it actually or is it just a saying? half the time i feel like my body is disintergrating (sp?) and even more so when i cant sleep at nite and get about an hours sleep :(

Benn
20-12-10, 09:37 PM
It's ment to be good for you being in the routine. No clue if its true tho.

I'm in one which is nice, i wake up fully at 7am every day.. Sadly i only get to sleep about 2-3 hours before...

Pete
20-12-10, 09:40 PM
Ouch surely that cant be good for you,

I feel more awake during the morning and i like the fact that my day lasts longer, nothing more worse than waking up and the day flying bye IMO.
Ive only done a 9 hour shift today but im ready for bed now and i know soon as i lie down then im out for the count :D

Bubba
20-12-10, 09:46 PM
im usually up till 12-1 up at 6.45...after about 6months ill ahve a funny weekend where i just sleep all of it

Benn
20-12-10, 09:49 PM
Hope its not, been like it for ages sadly. Bar the routine of waking up.

Been at work since 8, got home at 6.. feeling tired, but not sleepy at all.

Nice thing is since getting a new gf, i sleep great when she's here.. lol She falls asleep with in a sec of laying down.. That seems to affect me at times..

wilson_sri
21-12-10, 12:33 AM
Iv had insomnia for years mate, no real reason for it either. Just always found it hard to sleep, so its perfectly normal!
Couple things that helped me at the start was to exercise, a quick ten minute run or going to the gym helps a lot.
Also if you are having trouble getting to sleep, dont try for anymore than half a hour. Or you become aware your not sleeping, and then its impossible as this wakes you up further. So get up and get a warm drink (not coffee obviously) and put on some chilled music. And then try again. Dont play computer games or anything that will get your brain to active.

LEWI007
21-12-10, 03:02 AM
Its now 3 o clock in the morning and i dont feel the slightest bit tired, hope this isnt starting t o happen to me.

Just thought of this thread straight away

draper
21-12-10, 03:35 PM
im having the opposite problem, i cant get up in the morning (or afternoon) all i want to do is sleep. i also have no motivation to do anything and no appetite, docs have said to wait 3weeks before i have any blood tests tho

craig green
21-12-10, 03:43 PM
I can relate to the finding it diffiucult to sleep thing. I can never get to sleep when I go to bed. I can lie there awake for hours, it's like my mind wakes up when I want to go to bed.

However, since starting down the gym a few months ago, my sleep has improved massively & I hadnt given it a thought until reading this thread.

mowgli
21-12-10, 03:49 PM
ask hobbit..... ask bazil....... driving wagons is a fantastic way of getting you to sleep properly

bazil
21-12-10, 03:50 PM
Yup sure is................just remembering to pull over first is the tricky bit.

mowgli
21-12-10, 03:54 PM
aint that the truth

Cle
21-12-10, 10:19 PM
ken rubberered the noooooo so sleeep hopefully :thumb: lol

Stoo
21-12-10, 11:26 PM
I had a mate that couldn't sleep once

Topped Himself