PDA

View Full Version : iphone 4 unlock

tony k
15-12-10, 02:23 PM
just spoke to my mate,he has found a iphone 4 in the back of cab,its locked as he turned it on to phone the person up,can you get them unlocked,as i offerd him money for it

L14MNP
15-12-10, 02:38 PM
http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS7EMQOb0kErusyqpurV-Nyo2tFpeGFlW8pVMuULmVp-WUmys2mYA

I doubt you could unlock/JB it when it's in that condition. The IMEI is probably already blocked. eBay it to Nigeria. lol

bmw156
15-12-10, 04:01 PM
go on dev team blog,

never pay a penny for it.
pm me for more details lol

p.s what yours sounds like is a sim lock. get another O2 sim and put it in, the sim tray is probably on the top, needing a paper clip to open it.

L14MNP
15-12-10, 04:07 PM
omg neo hotz

Jack
15-12-10, 04:30 PM
Can the iphone not be remotely disabled like you can with Droid/HTC's?

bmw156
15-12-10, 05:04 PM
your right jack it can
its only just came out.

if the owner has the software on the iphone and itunes then they can actually track where the phone is

so OP, your mate might have a knock on the door lol

Plug
15-12-10, 05:06 PM
if the orignal sim has been removed from the phone they cannot track it IIrc not 100% on this thou

my i phone 3g was found and blocked, but i jailbroke and unlocked it fine.

MattBrown
15-12-10, 05:20 PM
if the orignal sim has been removed from the phone they cannot track it IIrc not 100% on this thou

my i phone 3g was found and blocked, but i jailbroke and unlocked it fine.

Reli? lol

The handset has an IMEI number, you CAN change this, but it holds a maximum of 10 years in prison, something to do with the MOD and transmition laws.

Stay well away from it, as whilst they left it, its his responsibility to return it to its owner, or to the local police station.

Its your choice though, Id rather make someones xmas by returning it, then keep it an be a cnut:thumb:

BongMong
15-12-10, 06:19 PM
the iphone is the only phone out there that you a pc/mac user can unblock.. try a jailbreak first as you may of removed there sim before the block was sent to the simcard..

change the imei with a phone you already own! or sell it on ebay as a blocked phone to america and you will still get 300£ for it

Jack
15-12-10, 07:48 PM
Reli? lol

The handset has an IMEI number, you CAN change this, but it holds a maximum of 10 years in prison, something to do with the MOD and transmition laws.
Whut? Nowt to do with the MOD or transmission laws.

5 years max in the nick if you change/interfere with a unique device identifier. That means, but not strictly limited to, IMEI numbers.

Its an offence to own/supply software that is capable of doing the above with the intent to use it - whilst a standard jailbreak won't necessarily change the IMEI number, if you wanted to re-use a found/stolen phone you would need to change it, which then falls foul of the above act. I'm going to close this thread as no doubt people will indict themselves :roll: