PDA

View Full Version : 2010 hows it been for you?

moffat
14-12-10, 08:53 PM
ill start, had a bad start crashing the first nova in the last winter, got a corsa then another 2 novas though :d:d. did however get paid off from work but im still looking for full time work

Mike
14-12-10, 08:55 PM
Average.

Yorkie
14-12-10, 08:58 PM
its had its ups and it had its downs, i have worked a full year in a job that i love, i have leared the importance of friends ( cheesy :D ) i have lived life this year and have learnt that i want to live life more next year and am planning an adventure. would be a prefect year if my poppy had not of passed away i would of liked him to see my nova at billing :( seems as it was his gift to me.

Pistol Pete
14-12-10, 09:01 PM
Pretty good. Well bloody good infact.

Got engaged last crimbo (a bad thing some of you might say lol) then my misses fell pregnant end of december/beginning of january. She then pissed of to Bournmouth for 6 months with work (single man living mon to fri WIN)

Started a new job, same place but a step up the ladder.

Made massive progress on my rebuild. MOT time after crimbo, then show trackday time. Cant wait!!

Then my son, Noah, was born 24th september and that pretty much is my 2010!

Joe Richardson
14-12-10, 09:02 PM
been an ok year actually,got to a few shows in the nova which i said i was going to do last year,it has gone so quick though lol

Mike
14-12-10, 09:04 PM
Thinking about it, its been a good year hactually. Met the wifey to be about 8 months ago, built some pretty cool non GM projects (one still on going) had an awesome summer too.

Tanya.
14-12-10, 09:04 PM
It's had its up and downs. The end of the year has been awesome. Highlight of my year would have to be finding out a mini Burgo is on the way. Very much looking forward to 2011 though!! :d

Jack
14-12-10, 09:06 PM
Had cancer
Beat cancer
Got some cool scars
Cleared ALL debts (well almost all, but come 31st I will have)
Moved back home for a bit

Next year should be pretty interesting too.

Pistol Pete
14-12-10, 09:07 PM
Scars rock!!

Benn
14-12-10, 09:08 PM
Start sh*t.

Started in hospital,
Told to go home (good)
Got snowed in hospital (bad)
Rest of the year on par with meh ness,
Last few months have been great..

Next year i hope will be better than the last few...

7ova
14-12-10, 09:11 PM
as for the GSI project, slow but getting there. :(
and got the mk1 SR :thumb:
loved every mile (even in the snow)

not a bad year

moffat
14-12-10, 09:11 PM
as for the GSI project, slow but getting there. :(
and got the mk1 SR :thumb:
loved every mile (even in the snow)

not a bad year

good to see a nova being used in winter

Edd
14-12-10, 09:13 PM
Pretty good really

Got promoted
Work sending me to college, another promotion I hope
Bought the Sport, making good progress with the build
Things going well with the lady

Quite pleased how it's gone tbh

Connor
14-12-10, 09:13 PM
my year has been pretty crap tbh, should get better next year though (hopefully)

Lynsey
14-12-10, 09:18 PM
Hmm. I became an Aunty, so that's definately the highlight of my year. He is an absolute ray of sunshine and I love him to bits :)

Other than that, I went to the John Cleland headquarters :thumb:
Met him again at Total Vauxhall Live :thumb:
Got overtaken by him in an original Cavalier Touring Car :thumb:

lol, so pretty much all the good stuff was JC related.

Oh, we also went a road trip to Scotland in Vauxhall's Lotus Carlton. That was FUN FUN FUN! :p

The downsides are that I have found it incredibly difficult to find a decent job down here and have had to take whatever I can to see me through. I could always get rid of a couple of the motors but that's just not going to happen :)

Here's to a happy, successful and healthy 2011 for all *ching*

Nova_Tek
14-12-10, 09:18 PM
2010 started with high hopes but gradually had quite a few downs and very few ups;

- Got the Nova into the body shop and started the project and got the Nova back looking great.
- Started running out of dough
- Spent lots of time looking for work. Found none and was being taken for a ride by people who were 'helping'
- Things I was relying on never happened and still haven't
- Managed to find decent work
- Found an engine
- Other things haven't happened.

All in all been very up and down. Could have been so much better if certain things happened but it could have been much worse too. Hoping that 2011 starts off well and ends amazing.

7ova
14-12-10, 09:22 PM

used the SR nearly everyday since i got it ;)
but it has had a lot of baths also

Jack
14-12-10, 09:22 PM
Scars rock!!
Too right. Its nice to know I spent 6 hours of this year on an operating table basically being cut open from ribs to pelvis and having my innards taken out then put back in. Thats pretty cool.

Lynsey
14-12-10, 09:24 PM
Jack, you have THE best scar ever! Any wee boy would be extremely proud of that, and you should be too.

SR-Rally
14-12-10, 09:39 PM
been tough year

burst pipes from the frost at the beginning of the year costing us over £20,000 of stock and we are still fighting it out with insurance company.

then we had average summer with the resetion, decided to make cut backs and laid one bloke off to save money plus he wasn't very good. but on the night of his last day rachel (are right hand) fell off her horse and shattered her knee meaning i had to work 6/7 days a week and usually 12hours a day for 3 months. was couple weeks i did over 85 hours :s

although ive enjoyed it, managed to do alot of rallys and win some trophys. bought an extra 2 nova rally cars. :D

Pistol Pete
14-12-10, 09:44 PM
Too right. Its nice to know I spent 6 hours of this year on an operating table basically being cut open from ribs to pelvis and having my innards taken out then put back in. Thats pretty cool.

lol

8 hours for me. Metal, screws, hammers, staples...went in. Nothing came out. Well apart from ALOT of blood!!

But mine was self inflicted :(

Benn
14-12-10, 09:46 PM

~Luck you, i was in for 4 days and didn't get anything, oh bar that pissed off.

saloonwoody
14-12-10, 09:49 PM
left a crap job
started own business with brother in law
he ****ed it (robbed me)
now back in crap job
the end
lol

Hayley
14-12-10, 10:18 PM
Start of the year was a pain in the bum while waiting for Jack to get over his pesky Cancer.

Summer was awesome as I was inducted into PNG shows and had loads of fun at all events I went to

Winters been boring as money has been tight and im starting to get really really annoyed by my job and really want to leave but the job of my dreams is not coming up yet.

Next year im hoping to be given a chance to work in the field I want to... and still have a boyf that lives near to me! :cry:

SRimon
14-12-10, 10:20 PM
Not bad.

Moved house.

Went to Boston and NYC.

Had a Nova and sold it :(

Went to Barcelona on a stag do.

Other than that, average.

MattBrown
14-12-10, 10:23 PM
Started good, amassed loads of parts, converted nova to a 1600, then hit a wall at 20mph and didn't bother to fix it as had to attend court a week later.

Got a 12 month ban for street racing, and it's been brilliant.

So much more money, £400-500 a month, bought new track car, 10k mile nova, ktm250 exc endure bike.

Done some karting and minimotos.

And best of all cracked on with the track car:)

Jack
14-12-10, 10:26 PM
Next year im hoping to be given a chance to work in the field I want to... and still have a boyf that lives near to me! :cry:
125 miles away is kinda "near" lol

Graeme
14-12-10, 10:29 PM
Been a good un for me, in importance order (least first)

Gathered more parts for the build
Got my let back in one piece
Obtained the only set of saloon opening windows in the uk
Awaited the the birth of my first child

Mike
14-12-10, 10:33 PM
Yeah the summer was a good laught alright :) all starts again soon too :)

Hayley
14-12-10, 10:40 PM
125 miles away is kinda "near" lol

normal people just get dumped.. you move up country. lol

ooh. this year I also visited Cornwall for the 1st time. Tres nice.

LEWI007
15-12-10, 12:13 AM
Well i spent the whole year going to court and eventually getting banned then spending the rest of the year and will be spending half of next year just saving up money and waiting for my ban to end, so it sucks big time right now.

Ernie
15-12-10, 12:23 AM
started bad as me and Elsie split up
week later we were back together and it been better than before
went abroad for the first time in years and had a great time
found out Elsie was pregnant in November and even better i start at at new job on thursday.
so not a bad year to a bad start..

bazil
15-12-10, 12:24 AM
hmmm ive spent 26 weeks on nightshift and 7 months oncall so that sucks.
and cant basicaly remember what ive done this year so i fail at this game lol

TeddyThom
15-12-10, 12:33 AM

I use mine in the winter lol.

Pretty average year to be honest, split up from a girl I didn't relaised I loved. Til she was gone anyways and she moved on. Best part was passing my test and getting the nova. Sorry did I say best part including the nova?? lol b4stard things.

wwmnw
15-12-10, 12:42 AM
Started pretty ****, got a little bit better, went **** again and still **** now, I think its time for some radical changes in 2011.

L33 LEG
15-12-10, 01:21 AM
Not much really. Think this has been my most 'boring' year to date but that isnt always a bad thing as at least i have stayed out of trouble. Been saving up half the time aswell so have spent literally fcuk all. I have just been planning about next year tbh so hopefully that will be twice as exciting.

peester
15-12-10, 06:02 AM
Its been a fairly big year for me behind the scenes lol..
Started craply for me too - split from ex. moved back home; and was making little progress with the car. Also a pants year, socially..
But sorted myself financially and most debts.. and ended up with a good job (if currently a temp).
So should be able to start working on settling, get my own place.

bmw156
15-12-10, 07:23 AM
quite good actually. some bad!

got "promoted/a chance" at the start of the year and im still there now, so i must be doing something right,

payrise mid year as well.
chevette has its engine in and slowely moving forward.
had to make 6 lay offs at work.
i feel that i have grown up so much due to my work.
got rid of the nova
missed billing :(

i have discovered i care for everyone at work and they are all the same due the what happened below. we are proper tight knit and i love it.

and to now end the year i have a good mate from work in hospital fighting for the sight in one of his eyes thanks to a drunk bloke!

Asa-James
15-12-10, 07:41 AM
Walked out of crap job in January
Started new job in febuary and I'm still mega happy there
Watched Tom go through pain and agony in march as his best friend/father figure passed away suddenly
Watched Tom go through more pain and agony as we both witnessed his mum being attacked by a dog on mothers day (we were there as a surprise visit)
Then minor ups and downs til I booked my first holiday in three years
Went on holiday and it was that crap we demanded to be moved or be sent home
Missed the deadline to complain about holiday due to me and Tom splitting up
Got back together,
My sister got married after 9 years withthe same guy
Moved in with Tom (and finally away from the parents)
Watched my sister and brother in law go through pain and agony as my bro in laws father passed away suddenly and unexpectedly.
Now just looking forward to a bit of time off over Xmas and hoping next year goes a damn sight smoother

mk1nova_rich
15-12-10, 07:52 AM
Broke and dislocated my ankle in January which resulted in 6 days in hospital followed by 3 months of work on sick pay...which left me very skint and unable to afford a proper holiday. Went away for weekend with the bird only to find out that she had been cheating 3 days later. Ended up with huge depression and anxiety problems. Work has been boring but steady. Not got much done with the Nova so roll on 2011

Jack
15-12-10, 07:59 AM
Oh yeah, got promoted to Club Nazi from the SS. Errrm I suppose thats a pro point, having to keep you lot in line..? lol

Shaun_O'Donnell
15-12-10, 01:19 PM
Started off the year unemployed. (Made redundant in 2009 from Bison)
Got a job delivery all types of cars up and down the country - Loved it!
Got a job with Bisons competitor Creagh.
Took the engine out the Nova!
Bison wanted me back - went back for 6 weeks before quiting and returning to Creagh.
Got a motorbike.
Looking forward to holidays at Christmas, first time off since March!

Andy
15-12-10, 06:02 PM
Its been alright i suppose,nowt exciting or bad to write about really

pikey1986
15-12-10, 11:07 PM
ive had a fairly crap year TBH, been working at an ok job with crap pay which ment i couldn't buy/do much with the nova but things are on the up for me, 1st jan i get a 3 month contract which means my pay goes up by £400 a month so things will now progress, summer was my highlight of the year getting to a couple of events and meeting a few people, hopefully next year will be better

Lynsey
15-12-10, 11:27 PM

Mine's still getting ragged too :p

Southie
15-12-10, 11:37 PM
Mine's still getting ragged too :p
Mines my daily and only car, it's been off the road for three weeks though because of the gritters. I want my 24 year old tin worm to last another year.