PDA

View Full Version : benns nova in total vaux

brucer
13-12-10, 07:29 PM
unsure if this is a re-post, but....

just read the article on benns nova, pictures look awesome and does the car huge credit.

congrats on the feature :thumb:

L14MNP
13-12-10, 07:31 PM
Fanstastic. Well done Benn. This is one copy of TV I shall purchase.

Graeme
13-12-10, 07:31 PM
Is that a subsciption copy?

brucer
13-12-10, 07:33 PM
oh yes

Mazz
13-12-10, 07:33 PM
hmm, mine hasn't turned up yet then...damn posty

Cle
13-12-10, 07:34 PM
What cars are on the cover :)

Graeme
13-12-10, 07:35 PM
Hopefully mine will be here tomorrow or Wednesday

LEWI007
13-12-10, 07:36 PM
I was reading total vauxhall in the shop last week and Bretts SR was in it with a nice big poster, but i never bought it.

Thatll of been last months then ?

Spudly
13-12-10, 07:38 PM
Hmmmm, where are my copy then mrs posty:mad:

bazil
13-12-10, 07:51 PM

back log of XMAS cards?

i'll go to sainsburies at breahead, its not so easy to get a copy local oop ere.:(

L14MNP
13-12-10, 07:52 PM

pics.

Spudly
13-12-10, 07:53 PM
Ooh god no she looks like a proper angry little dwarf, she would break my fone, besides im back at work tomorrow so wont see he/she/it lol

brucer
13-12-10, 07:56 PM
this months cover car is an orange kadett with a vxr engine. quite tasty

LEWI007
13-12-10, 07:56 PM
pics.

Or GTFO lol

NOV4_SPORT
13-12-10, 07:57 PM
Nice one matey, hope to get my copy soon, not had any post in about a week.

iain

Benn
13-12-10, 08:07 PM
:)

Just had a txt that my mates got his copy... I haven;t got mine tho :(

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/corsadonk/frost006.jpg

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/corsadonk/frost003.jpg

Had hopped to get the cover but, from what i've seen^ it looks really nice. Bar me in a pic...
Back looks really high... Sorry.

Big thanks to Dougie for keeping it ts too :)

Paul
13-12-10, 08:09 PM
He kept that quiet!

Benn
13-12-10, 08:10 PM
Yeah i asked him too, hence why last months has no pic in the back page...

Paul
13-12-10, 08:12 PM
O i see, ill be getting a copy of TV then, seeing as it actually has a decent car in it for once rather than the usual tripe theyve started to feature

Adam
13-12-10, 08:12 PM
Nice one Benn, about time yours got in there.

Mazz
13-12-10, 08:14 PM
:)
Back looks really high... Sorry.

So you should be, tisk tisk...

bmw156
13-12-10, 08:18 PM
any pics from the shoot benn?

Nobby
well done mate only had to be a matter of time really

LEWI007
Looks awesome id be well chuffed.

I hope your going to buy a few copies to keep ?

Benn
13-12-10, 08:33 PM
Cheers Paul..lol

Cheers Ad,

Mazz, sorry i'll make it lower when its back on the road. Dont know why its that high, It was lowered back down after Combe.

Martin, a few but cause it was dark they arnt the best..

Nobby, am really happy about it. When i got the call i was like a kid in a sweet shop, then even more when i was asked to do it in a studio.

Lewis, Funk yeah. I'll buy a hand full.

Again huge thanks to Dougie for sorting this out and waiting it done in the studio, the car looks amazing in there. The guys doing the shout where great and set everything up so perfectly, al tho made me take my custom "air freshener" out :(

Thanks to Lynz too for keeping it quite too.

Really cant wait to see the mag! Car still not done yet which is a shame the shoot missed stuff i'm doing now. But ah well.

LEWI007
13-12-10, 08:47 PM
+Repped.

Have you decided on what wheels you want to change to yet then Benn ?

Pistol Pete
13-12-10, 08:51 PM
Happy days Benn. Will be buying TV this week. Hope to get mi e in once it's finished. Nice crimbo present for yourself!! Fair play for keeping it quiet.

Nova_Tek
13-12-10, 08:54 PM
Good work Benn, it was inevitable to be honest. A nova of that caliber had to be in TV some time or another :)

SHould be getting my subscription copy too :thumb:

ben doodar
13-12-10, 09:14 PM
My o my you kept that quiet!! I even asked in your project thread a few weeks ago why it'd never been in a magazine and you said you hadn't thought about it!!! Looks great I'll keep an eye out for it in the shops.

P.s I think the wheels really suit it in that picture.

Nick J
13-12-10, 09:22 PM
Finally...... Its been some time since you had it done now pal! Your always willing to put in the hours and it pays dividends in the end. Im sure it looks great. Thoroughly well deserved. ;)

Nick.

phazer
13-12-10, 09:27 PM
Congrats Benn, looks great in the pics above. As others have said, it's about time :)

John
13-12-10, 09:28 PM
About Bloody time Benn! Can't wait to get my copy for a nosey! Congratulations on the feature dude, seriously, one of my fave novas ever!

Benn
13-12-10, 09:33 PM
Lewis, Cheers and no, i cant pick something i like that looks right on it.

Pete, cheers dude. Yeah its a nice start to crimbo :) sure yours will get in there too.

Tek, Thank you very much, still odd for me to think that its a liked and known car.. Glad people like it tho :)

Ben, yeah wanted to as a kinda surprise really, hence why i asked Lynz to stay quite too.

Nick, yeah seems like ages ago it was done. (8th of Oct) Thank you very much dude. Its always worth it in the end i guess. Even if there's more yet..

Phazer, thank you very much. Means alot.

John, Again thank so you much, means alot to hear people say that about my car. Never thought or do think my car could be one of some ones fav Novas.

Thought it would be fun when the mag came out..

Had to not update my build thread of a few bits i was trying to do before the shoot. Like the wings and new boot... Hence the rush on getting them on the car and then washing it 9pm the night before the shoot..

Drove there too nice 100miles, got there with an hour to spare so i could re clean the car, only to be rushed in so they could start taking pics... Kept seeing pics i hadn't cleaned well enough but i wasn't aloud to fix them. There's a pic of me next to the car looking a bellend, i had to where covers over my shoes to keep the floor clean.. 5hours later it was done.

Shoot was amazing, they really knew there stuff. All the lighting and stuff, a moveable suspended celining to move lighting and stuff, big thick black curtains we where all hiding behind to keep any fourin light sources out.. Was so well set up in there. I was in total ora. Guy was using a Cannon camera too.

Cant wait to get the mag and proper pics too.

So so happy. Hope you all like too.

Benn
13-12-10, 09:39 PM
Oh an for when you read it, i was told they had to trim my spec list down as it was a bit long/big hahaha so there will be stuff missing, but they said it would take to much space up.. lol lol

Count Vaux Alot
13-12-10, 09:55 PM
Congratulations mate it's the best feeling in the world and makes all the hard work worth while. Well done you deserved it.

Ps. Welcome to the mag feature club :d

trackdaynova
13-12-10, 10:02 PM

appauled to see that a Circ-Pol ND wasn't used, to rid the nasty white reflection on the NSF window :(

Would've been a much cleaner/ sharper shot with one... hey ho

JaysNova
13-12-10, 10:10 PM
[quote=Benn]:)

http://i984.photobucket.com/albums/ae328/corsadonk/frost006.jpg

Cracking mate...well done and definitely an inspiration to us all :thumb:

Graeme
13-12-10, 10:15 PM
Excellent work there mate, glad it eventually happened for you, can't wait to read it tomorrow

Edit, also glad it was feature with the polished wheels on

Edd
13-12-10, 10:20 PM
Well deserved IMO Benn

Car is a real credit to you after putting so many hours and always wanting to improve it more

Lynsey
13-12-10, 10:33 PM
Congratulations Benn :thumb:

Thanks to Lynz too for keeping it quite too.

You're welcome, I'm only sorry I couldn't make it on the day :d

Really cant wait to see the mag! Car still not done yet which is a shame the shoot missed stuff i'm doing now. But ah well.

Benn, I don't think you'll every think your car is done! There will always be something which you'll want to improve :p I think they should do a little update section in the mag, just a couple of pages to show and exciting new bits that people have changed. Only for the better cars though :cool:

MattBrown
13-12-10, 10:36 PM
Looks really good as always ben!

Bet you can't wait to finish the 6spd and ph2 work now!

Cracking as always!

loggyboy
13-12-10, 10:43 PM
appauled to see that a Circ-Pol ND wasn't used, to rid the nasty white reflection on the NSF window :(

Looks like it would in a dealer brochure to me - IE spot on!

Benn
13-12-10, 10:49 PM
Congratulations mate it's the best feeling in the world and makes all the hard work worth while. Well done you deserved it.

Ps. Welcome to the mag feature club :d

Cheers dude, yeah is a awesome feeling. Shame i'm still doing more to it now but hey ho.

A what? Guessing that's a filter? I was to excited on the day to notice.. Sorry dude

Thank you very much Jay. Glad i can be.

Graeme, Cheers dude, am very glad too.

Edd, Thank you very much. Always room to improve.. lol

paddy quinn
13-12-10, 10:50 PM
i hope my nova will be in total vaux one day

ben doodar
13-12-10, 10:55 PM
I think they should do a little update section in the mag, just a couple of pages to show and exciting new bits that people have changed. Only for the better cars though :cool:

Yh that's a good idea lynz, like grand designs revisited.

Brettski
13-12-10, 10:56 PM
O i see, ill be getting a copy of TV then, seeing as it actually has a decent car in it for once rather than the usual tripe theyve started to feature

oi cheeky bugger mine was in last months lol lol

and congrats ben you diserve it very nice motor indeed 1 of my faves of this years show season well done

Yorkie
13-12-10, 10:58 PM
Awww well done your car looks Amazing, well done .... stupid question coming from me now, how do you get your car in the magazine? How do you get them to put in a feature? if that make sence. Apart from the fact of having an Awsom car.

Looks really Good and no doubt will be having read :)

Benn
13-12-10, 11:01 PM
Congratulations Benn :thumb:

You're welcome, I'm only sorry I couldn't make it on the day :d

Benn, I don't think you'll every think your car is done! There will always be something which you'll want to improve :p I think they should do a little update section in the mag, just a couple of pages to show and exciting new bits that people have changed. Only for the better cars though :cool:

Thank you :)

You missed a fun one, but prob was boring at the same time, 5-6 hours of standing behind a big curtain watching them move the car this way and that and ask how to open the boot and stuff..lol and be stress the car wasn't clean enough.. Which i did. A lot.

Very true, the list i have at the mo is big enough.. Very good idea tho, like a follow up on some of the cars.. You should suggest that!

Looks really good as always ben!

Bet you can't wait to finish the 6spd and ph2 work now!

Cracking as always!

Cheers dude, tbh i just miss driving the car.. Driving dads Insignia is ok (well very nice in come ways ;) ) but its a bit boring.. Cant wait to be back in mine which it a bit better...

Looks like it would in a dealer brochure to me - IE spot on!

Didn't think of that...lol Cheers dude.

craig green
13-12-10, 11:02 PM
Studio pics FTW. That scanned in page looks amazing.

Nice one Ben!

Benn
13-12-10, 11:04 PM
and congrats ben you diserve it very nice motor indeed 1 of my faves of this years show season well done

Cheers dude, very nice to hear from a man with your style tastes (which are good)

Awww well done your car looks Amazing, well done .... stupid question coming from me now, how do you get your car in the magazine? How do you get them to put in a feature? if that make sence. Apart from the fact of having an Awsom car.

Looks really Good and no doubt will be having read :)

Thank you, you build a nice car then either send them pics or try and show them it at a show..

Yorkie
13-12-10, 11:06 PM
Thank you, you build a nice car then either send them pics or try and show them it at a show..]

Ahh it sounds so simples. Good job mate :)

Benn
13-12-10, 11:06 PM
Studio pics FTW. That scanned in page looks amazing.

Nice one Ben!

When i get it i will, Or if any one has it (brucer) please do....

I was proper honoured to have my car in a studio shoot. In my eyes you cant get better than that. And the pics will be out of this world.

craig green
13-12-10, 11:12 PM
Decs SR in issue 1 of TV was so awesome because of the studio pics IMO.
They only do it with the cream of the crop motors.

Mazz
13-12-10, 11:14 PM
Someones sport was a studio a while ago too iirc

Big_Chap
13-12-10, 11:20 PM
Someones sport was a studio a while ago too iirc

Same guy is 1st issue, declan

Big_Chap
13-12-10, 11:22 PM

I was proper honoured to have my car in a stupid shoot. In my eyes you cant get better than that. And the pics will be out of this world.

Lol @ predictive text error! (either that or your a tad ungrateful!! Lol!)

PS. Well done and long overdue but then you do like to change bits!

LEWI007
13-12-10, 11:53 PM

I was proper honoured to have my car in a stupid shoot. In my eyes you cant get better than that. And the pics will be out of this world.

I stopped buying the magazine because its mostly full of corsas and other new cars that i have no interest in, and not enough old school.

IMO your nova is to good for the magazine, but great accomplishment to get it into a magazine !

Eck
14-12-10, 12:13 AM
can someone post some pics of the kadett off of the cover.

dj_wudgey
14-12-10, 01:00 AM
sorry this posted twice delete this post please!

dj_wudgey
14-12-10, 01:01 AM
i havent got mine yet its been deliverd but im at the missis's at the mo but congrats for getting it in there matey!!

Connor
14-12-10, 02:23 AM
Will be going out to get a copy tomorrow.
Congrats on the feature Benn, truly deserved. :thumb:

Stuart
14-12-10, 08:05 AM
looks good big boy.

WTF is OEM+ though? is that just parts bin raiding to make another car (like a clio Williams lol)

Mieran
14-12-10, 08:56 AM
Congrats on feature, I must go to tescos to get a copy.

btw I thought your shell was a 1.2 but on the mag it says SR?

Danny s-p
14-12-10, 09:17 AM
wow all be getting a copy at work on Friday and this will be use to show lad how nice novas can look as he thinks there all got body kits on and are gay.(he drives a TT) i think his chin will drop when he see yours. one off the best looking novas probable my favourite after i seen it in the flesh at pv

Big_Chap
14-12-10, 02:13 PM

Red 1.4sr iirc :thumb:

Benn
14-12-10, 05:41 PM
Lol @ predictive text error! (either that or your a tad ungrateful!! Lol!)

PS. Well done and long overdue but then you do like to change bits!

haha oops yeah that's what you get for typing in the dark... Edited.

Cheers dude, i cant help changing bits, everything can be made better.

I stopped buying the magazine because its mostly full of corsas and other new cars that i have no interest in, and not enough old school.

IMO your nova is to good for the magazine, but great accomplishment to get it into a magazine !

The Vauxhall "scene" is full of new and old, some of the new stuff is nice and will slowly get better and better..
Thank you very much.

Hope you enjoy the read, It was odd when Matt came to write it, as i think of doing the car in stages. Which was hard to explane so i hope the write up sounds good...

i havent got mine yet its been deliverd but im at the missis's at the mo but congrats for getting it in there matey!!

Cheers dude :)

Will be going out to get a copy tomorrow.
Congrats on the feature Benn, truly deserved. :thumb:

Thank you very much. Means alot to hear all the work gone in is spotted.

looks good big boy.

WTF is OEM+ though? is that just parts bin raiding to make another car (like a clio Williams lol)

Cheers cutie.

OEM well you know what that means (original equipment manufacturer for those that dont) but its not really true. Cause its using the more standard parts but making the look better thru customising weather modifying, smoothing, polishing, painting any of that kinda stuff, like standard but nice..lol So like my front bumper, is a std part but that's been modified to look better.. Instead of fitting a after market bumper or such.. Its a VW kinda thought of name i think..

Red 1.4sr iirc :thumb:

As said, it was a Red 1.4 SR to start with.

wow all be getting a copy at work on Friday and this will be use to show lad how nice novas can look as he thinks there all got body kits on and are gay.(he drives a TT) i think his chin will drop when he see yours. one off the best looking novas probable my favourite after i seen it in the flesh at pv

Sounds good dude, please do. I try to show people that we dont do ill fitting wheels and big fb body kits and stuff..
Enjoy and thank you very much. Will look and be better in 2011 at the shows.

LEWI007
14-12-10, 05:45 PM
looks good big boy.

Original equipment manufacturer

Just GM/Vauxhall bits really innit lol

Benn
14-12-10, 07:04 PM
A few pics from the shoot... Thanks to Dan for taking these while i was stressing out...

While i was trying to clean the car they loaded it on to these awesome jacks to be able to move it with ease around the studio (my hand wiping the bumper)
The jacks are very low.. But still wouldn't go under my sills fully which i thought was cool.. They didn't as it became annoying.

(Told off the assistant off for putting his hand on the bodywork.. lol )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/bennh/Car%20Updates%20May%2010%20on/IMG_9298.jpg

Going in, you can see the move able celining..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/bennh/Car%20Updates%20May%2010%20on/IMG_9299.jpg

Better pic of the jacks... Was told not to much tyre gel, so i didn't mark the floor.. Jacks make moving the car finger (on a cloth ;) ) light

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/bennh/Car%20Updates%20May%2010%20on/IMG_9300.jpg

Getting it in place...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/bennh/Car%20Updates%20May%2010%20on/IMG_9311.jpg

A cool over camera view...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/bennh/Car%20Updates%20May%2010%20on/IMG_9313.jpg

Setting up lighting and bits (two guys are the photography and his assistant) see the sexy bootie to keep the floor clean.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/bennh/Car%20Updates%20May%2010%20on/IMG_9316.jpg

While they where taking pics..

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/bennh/Car%20Updates%20May%2010%20on/IMG_9326.jpg

Spudly
14-12-10, 07:08 PM
Damnit mine still hasnt landed, im gonna go and :cry: now lol

Connor
14-12-10, 07:10 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/bennh/Car%20Updates%20May%2010%20on/IMG_9326.jpg

Looks unreal lol,
Studio shoot ftw :thumb:

novadose2009
14-12-10, 07:13 PM
car is awesome mate

Benn
14-12-10, 07:24 PM
Connor,

Yeah deffo, cant wait to see the mag.

Novadose, cheers dude.

novadose2009
14-12-10, 07:35 PM
ben wanna pick your brains 4 some advise im shaving and smoothing a engine bay and using a 1.0l pushrod engine ive cut the bulkhead out, smoothed battery tray, removed servo as will use a floor mounted pedal box i think, smoothed all the seams ect, still with alot more todo i think im going to remove and smooth heater good idea?

car wont be used much and never in rain ect

heres my project wip thanks http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=158093

SRimon
14-12-10, 07:43 PM
Well done Ben! It looks simply awesome! FINALLY!

Benn
14-12-10, 07:47 PM
Cheers Si, hope it does look awesome.

nitrousnova
14-12-10, 10:47 PM
congrat's fella! looks the bobies!

Count Vaux Alot
14-12-10, 10:52 PM
Studio shoot ftw indeed it looks very similar to the studio mine was done in and those wheel castor things are a great invension. I was told to go easy on the tyre gel and wasn't even aloud to wear shoes!

Benn
15-12-10, 08:03 AM
Nitrous, cheers dude.

James, deffo. and yeah they work so well.. I had plastic booty things to wear, i did say about taking my shoes off but he nah these are easier..lol

Spudly
15-12-10, 05:41 PM
Grrrr, Spudly is now very unimpressed, my copy still hasnt landed:cry:

Iain
15-12-10, 05:45 PM
Me either Spudmonkey, outrageous.

Benn
15-12-10, 05:58 PM
I dont have it either... lol

Have a few more pics from it tho....

dave watson
15-12-10, 06:14 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/bennh/Car%20Updates%20May%2010%20on/IMG_9311.jpg
my fav nova stupid question though do you have a front number plate ive never seen this car with 1 on lol

Benn
15-12-10, 06:15 PM
Plate sits in the window, as it cant go on the bumper. But note not plate, no tax no stickers on the windows at all. 100% look.

Really should mount the plate some how but never got around too it. Glad you like my work...

reevie1987
15-12-10, 06:48 PM
well done ben with getting your car in total vauxhall

Benn
15-12-10, 07:33 PM
Cheers Reevie.

Spudly
17-12-10, 06:20 PM
Woohoo, my copy are finally landed now, very nice Benn, i didnt even notice the astra on the cover at first as i skipped straight to your feature:thumb:

Benn
17-12-10, 08:25 PM
Good boy! Glad you enjoyed it.

Mazz
17-12-10, 08:28 PM
mine hasn't :mad: must check subscription

Benn
17-12-10, 08:30 PM
Same here dude!

Big_Chap
22-12-10, 10:35 PM
I hear theres an engine bay shot of mine in the rr day but not ventured out in the snow to get it yet!

Graeme
22-12-10, 10:36 PM
I saw that

Benn
22-12-10, 11:10 PM
Yeah there is Mark,