PDA

View Full Version : Paint

AdamK
11-12-10, 09:53 PM
When i got my nova the paint work wasnt in the best of conditions and after sorting out all the rust and doing abit of smoothing i desided to rub the car down for a respray. Luckily my grandad used to do body work and resprays for a living so he will be doing the actuall job which helps with the tight budget so just wondering if anyone can recomend somewhere for cheap good quality paint i know you get what you pay for but its my first car at the end of the day not a show car so i want a good finish but it doesnt have to be perfect.

LEWI007
11-12-10, 09:58 PM
If theres a bodywork garage anywhere near you, go and ask them and they will either sell the paint or tell you who sells it where they get it from.

Pistol Pete
11-12-10, 10:17 PM
Ebay?

AdamK
11-12-10, 10:31 PM
If theres a bodywork garage anywhere near you, go and ask them and they will either sell the paint or tell you who sells it where they get it from.

Yeah thats what i was thinking of doing because my grandads still got all hes contacts in that world was hoping to get it at cost from someone

AdamK
11-12-10, 10:33 PM
Ebay?

Ebays alright but most of them want as much p+p as they do price for the paint so going to work out one of the more expensive ways of doing it and when i say im on a tight budget i mean really tight lol havent got a job and no money coming in apart from odd little jobs i do to help people out so being as tight as i can be lol

LEWI007
11-12-10, 10:51 PM
Well i painted my nova myself and the paint,lacquer,thinners,hardener etc.. came to 130 pounds.

You might need to primer yours aswell..

AdamK
11-12-10, 11:02 PM
Well i painted my nova myself and the paint,lacquer,thinners,hardener etc.. came to 130 pounds.

You might need to primer yours aswell..

I do need to primer it mate and iv worked out if i get everything i need off ebay im looking at about 80 90 quid so its not to bad but still id rather look about for abit see if i can get it bit cheaper