PDA

View Full Version : Removing a nova hazrd switch

Gareth_C
11-12-10, 05:37 PM
Hi all I was wondering if anybody had any ideas on how to remove the hazard switch and wiring to a toggle switch please. Cheers

Jack
13-12-10, 02:23 PM
Mk1 or Mk2?

I'm sure baxter did a guide in the articles on this. I think that was for a Mk1 though.

loggyboy
13-12-10, 02:45 PM
I assume a mk2 as they are the most trouble some.
If the switch is not broken, you should first switch it on, then pull the switch out, if you dont pull it on you are likely to break the delicate latching mechanism.

As for replacing it with a toggle this is not simple as the switch peforms more than just a on/off function it has multiple inputs to disconnect the standard indicators when the hazards are turned on so that you cant confuse it by having both the left or right indicators switched on at the same time as the hazard switch.
To replace it you would probly require a relay or 2 and/or some circuit board/chips to recreate the multiple switching function the standard switch provides.

If your mk2 switch is broken you are better of dismantling the switch and removing the springs and latch so that the switch works pull on/push.

Yorkie
13-12-10, 11:02 PM
If you take it out then put it in upside down your ignition lights come on :) Burgo showed me :D

Gareth_C
13-12-10, 11:26 PM
Its Mk2 Im trying to strip out the dash and have everything looking the same. Woul it work by having the switch wired in and one of the main wires broken to go through the toggle switch would that be the easier option

phazer
14-12-10, 10:55 AM
If you take it out then put it in upside down your ignition lights come on :) Burgo showed me :D

There's a fix for that, get it done :thumb:

Danny mul
16-12-10, 09:22 PM
There's a fix for that, get it done :thumb:
Is this in the article section???? would like to sort it

Pistol Pete
16-12-10, 09:29 PM
It is...http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111240

Joe Richardson
16-12-10, 10:17 PM

sssssshhhhhh lol ;)

Danny mul
16-12-10, 10:37 PM
It is...http://www.pngclub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=111240

Cheers man:thumb: