PDA

View Full Version : Anti-roll bars

krobinson
03-06-03, 10:35 PM
Before i send the GTE anti-roll bars i got away to be sand blasted & powder coated, I looked at the front one and it just seemed wierd that it was longer on one side than the other? If this is normal then does anyone know the reason for this?

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/psc/imageup/1054676112__antiroll.jpg

Cheers

Keith

fearless
03-06-03, 10:39 PM
Yep - all nova front anti roll bars r like that - designed to clear the front down pipe !!!

krobinson
03-06-03, 11:02 PM
Cheers mate, ur a wealth of knowlage :D

Jim
04-06-03, 09:48 AM
Some would say not to bother having one on your car. Try driving your car for a while without it and see how it handles.

Jim

mikeoxford
04-06-03, 11:06 AM
i understand theres arguments both for and against

but ive tried my car with all roll bars and strut braces off, and then tried with them on.

i know i dont do track or anything like that so it may be difrent, but i still prefer it with them on.

get loads of oversteer if i induce it, which is easyier to get out of than understeer if your going round a corner to fast............

car seems to get low down into the corners with them on, and dosent roll quite as much, i find it tends to push the car down to the road rather than if your screaming round a bend and the front nose lifts up and cant grip the road and you end up sliding out

Ste_Nova
04-06-03, 11:21 AM
rear arb yes

front no

atb diff yes

strut braces yes

brian
04-06-03, 04:13 PM
the best setup i had yet was without an antiroll bar in the front on the wide track car. the tca's are rosejointed to the front panel(where thay normally bolt to) and use the front panel as an antiroll bar! every thing was so tight it was perfect :D

krobinson
04-06-03, 09:07 PM
The car never had anti-roll bar's, so i know wot its like without them. But after this rebuilt alot will have changed in the suspension end (poly bushin's, front coilovers, anti-roll bars) so i'm hopeing it will handle even better with all this! It handled amazing before too tho!

Rusty, dirty & oily yesterday!, sand blasted clean the next :lol:
http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/psc/imageup/1054757268__antiroll2.jpg

brian
04-06-03, 09:11 PM
should make a massive difference alright

krobinson
04-06-03, 09:11 PM
Just incase anyone is un-familiar with my car, this is it:
http://www.novaload.net/images/car_images/280big.jpg

The old suspension setup was bilstein short shocks and fast road -80mm springs, no anti-roll bars, std and probably shagged bushin's.

What should i gain from fitting both anti-roll bar's and poly bushin's? Pro's and con's anyone?

Keith

brian
04-06-03, 09:15 PM
will only be pro's m8. and if anyone says poly bushes make it a rough ride don't pay any heed.
your car well smart too. i see you have the same badges as me!

krobinson
04-06-03, 09:19 PM
It wouldnt bother be if it was a rough ride anyways, as long as it helps it handle i'll be happy!

I dont think it can get much rougher ride anyways, coilovers will be screwed down as far as i can get them without touching the wing! :D

God i miss my car :cry: